Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
Integy used to,but I think they discontinued it,it worked great, I used one that a friend of mine had and it was on the money.You might try to post for one on the want ads over on the swap board.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
I hear that, with all the extra time I have (running brushless) I've been spending more time with chassis/set up, a spring checker would be VERY helpful. One that would do ALL the springs side, center, and front would be a very valuable tool to have. Maybe someone else should market one. Ralf

·
Premium Member
1,303 Posts
Thinking about it you might be able to use a tire durometer and build a small jig to only allow you to compress the spring so far. You would have to test and log all of your springs to get your baseline but as long as you do it the same way each time, you should get the same results. The only problem would be the front springs, and thats if the durometer will read that low.

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
Go out and buy a digital fish scale.. Like the pro's use out on tour.. Make a clip to hold the spring on the end of it.You will prolly have to remove the hook for the fish's mouth... the spring will register a pound rating... It has to be digital tho, they are more sensative..

·
Banned
1,112 Posts
Brought.this.back from the dead wondering if.anyone can post some pics of their.homemade spring.tester tried the link on here to.no avail its gone

1 - 15 of 15 Posts