Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was looking at my Street Freaks Spoilers cars and noticed that they each have a particular type of engine. I remember seeing some info about the old Rebel Rods cars, where there was something like 5 or 6 different engines available.

My question is, does the current series of Spoilers only have one type of engine each, or are there engine variations on these too ?

Inquiring minds would like to know.

Domenic

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
I know the tow trucks had 8 different engines. I've managed to find three different ones in the blue and black trucks. I'm not sure if it was the same with the cars though.
Unfortunately, I can't answer your question on the Spoilers engines.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Thanks for the awesome link! I made it one of my favorites. I'm gonna have to go thru my stuff & see which ones I have, and start searching for the ones I don't.

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
I`m slowly trying to get every one of the `king kudos` [70 cuda`s]
Maybe one day if I get `em all I may try for the king wing[69 daytona]
I`ll try to get a post going on the trade board within a few days with some of the hoosier trades I have.

·
Registered
780 Posts
I believe the later cars that were actually called "spoilers" only came with one type of engine and one type of tire/wheel combo.

It was all the early cars from the first number 19 on down (purple road runner) that had all the engine and wheel/tire variations.

If I'm not correct please let me know because all the gumball numbered spoilers were my favorites.

I also believe that the first 9 cars had no variations.Those were found only in the KB 5 packs.

Cars 10 thru 19 had all the variations.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Here are two prized sets that I was able to put together with the help of two great collector friends, Ed and Mike T. (NOVA SS and streetfreak or streerfreak 2 depending where he is on line) from LIGHTNINGLANE.COM. I first met and traded with Mike T. and he helped me finish one set and the other one which was only 7 engine variations was finished off with thier help in getting the 8th engine variation (note it was never issued by PM) so it too looks as though it is a complete 8 engine variation as well. I am proud to refer to them in a group shot as "NIGHTS of the Round End-Table or Square-Table".

Enjoy them, I sure do...olesarge90/Gill

JL Car Craft Mag (Engine Variants)

JL CG 2 r13

·
Old School Dinosaur
2,130 Posts
Oh Mommy! How I wish they would have built this one:

Great site, thanks for the link Travis :thumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts