Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do not understand why some are so upset about some recent releases of spoilers. Just because a number has been used on another car shouldn't automatically disqualify it from being a "Real" spoiler.(whatever that is)
I wasn't aware that there is some unwritten rule that states only one number per casting or color, otherwise it's somehow not legitimate.

I personally don't care weather the car has a hood or not, plastic base is fine too because I don't buy a car for the base. Most of these numbered meatball cars are very nicely done and fit in well together.

I like the fact these are showing up in different segments and lines, it makes things interesting and keeps my eyes open for where they may show up next.
These cars make collecting fun and give me something to look forward to.

JL has taken spoilers much further than Mattel ever did.
All they ever had is 8 castings and 9 numbers. It may be that smaller sets that have a definitive end appeal more to some collectors, rather than something that has unlimited potential and continues to grow and suprise.

All the specialized JL segments have done well.
Bwf
Lightning Rods
Spoilers
PIP and Zingers all have a following and a fan base.

In general, JL has been the best diecast company for my money.
They have more "Real" car castings available than ANY other 1:64 die cast manufacturer (including Mattel).
Greenlight does a very good job but seems to be very slow with releasing new castings and that eqates to a very limited selection. Besides that, most WL versions are far superior (in my opinion) to any (taxi cab) colored Green Machine.

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
I think it was explained pretty clearly in Russ's thread. If you don't get, you don't get it. Some people will buy anything and it's still a free country (mostly), so you can spend your money however you want.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
No need to be bitter. I get it. I like what's coming and will buy it, but I'm not one to buy just anything. Money is tight for me but some of this suff is very nice and what's with, it's a free country and I can spend my money however I want?
Thanks for giving me permission to do so.
I am truly sorry that you're not happy with the products.

I like SOME of this stuff and I'm going to buy it!

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Ok here is my spin I didn't know about Russ 's thread so sorry if I beat a dead horse...

I love spoliers , its about the only thing that I buy, I started much later after the KB 5 packs and the others series , I like the consecutive #'s, I have a hard filling the gaps in the old seires so I took a new #3 Camaro from the 40th set and made my#3 (wait #3 didn't have blown engine ,now mine does ) so the fact they are putting out low numbers kinda works for me. I do understand the other side of redundancy of numbers kinda irratating . I just bought a 42 car display case so I think thats all I'm going to do. I just need that Volkswagon truck #39 I think. Now if they would just fix that Torino Meatball , it looks terrible and don't match the others.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts