Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
By the way. Nimoy hated it because Star Trek was degenerating by the 3rd season. His friend Freddy F was now directing, but was more "action oriented", and the scripts that were approved were not of the caliber of the first 2 seasons.

Nimoy hated this episode because it wasn't challenging as an actor, and he went through the entire filming of the episode with a "glazed look" in his eyes.

I loved the show because of the girls. I didn't really notice the glazed look.

·
Starship Class
11,820 Posts
Wait a minute, are you sure Leonard Nimoy was in that particular episode? :confused:

·
Starship Class
11,820 Posts
Anyway, that is one COOL model of the spaceship! I often forget this ship was in the series at all. It is definitely one to include in the list of TOS ships due to its attractive classic styling.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nimoy definetly was in that episode. I popped in the tape the other day and spotted that ship that I had forgotten all about. A simple scratch build that killed some time bewteen my bigger projects.

·
Starship Class
11,820 Posts
BATBOB said:
Nimoy definetly was in that episode . . .
Sorry, I was just attempting to demonstrate that I was paying a great deal of attention to the go-go girls in the episode :devil:

·
Registered
95 Posts
BATBOB said:
Nimoy hated this episode, but I loved it. Girls in go-go boots and a cool ship! :thumbsup:
What's not to love? A remote controlled Spock steered with a joystick, and go-go-booted chicks who would have made perfect love interests on "As World Turn" (starring Tarzan, Tonto and Frankenstein). "Brain? What is brain?"

Actually, one thing I've always found interesting about this episode is that it's one of the only ones in which the main bridge viewscreen is used to display tactical/schematic data, rather that just pictures.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Remember...."Balance of Terror" and the tactical on the Earth bases on asteroids.....that's another on the main viewer.....

....The givers of pain and delight.....how true.

·
Registered
95 Posts
BATBOB said:
Remember...."Balance of Terror" and the tactical on the Earth bases on asteroids.....that's another on the main viewer.....
That's the only other one I can think of. Can anyone think of any besides those two?

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
BATBOB said:
Nimoy hated this episode because it wasn't challenging as an actor, and he went through the entire filming of the episode with a "glazed look" in his eyes.
Actually, I saw an interview with him once where he said that the idea sounded great on paper; that Spock's Brain was capable of maintaining an entire culture's life support needs; but something got lost in the translation to the screen.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Ziz said:
Actually, I saw an interview with him once where he said that the idea sounded great on paper; that Spock's Brain was capable of maintaining an entire culture's life support needs; but something got lost in the translation to the screen.
It reminded me of that 1950's horror movie in which the mad scientist cuts off his girlfriend's head and keeps it alive in a basting pan.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
If I remember correctly, the novelization of this episode did not have the electro-zombie Spock on the planet. I know these were often based on earlier drafts of the scripts, so does anyone know if this was a later addition to the story. It may explain why Nimoy changed his mind about the episode. I know I'd prefer to be a disembodied voice than a human puppet.

·
Starship Class
11,820 Posts
rabbit said:
It reminded me of that 1950's horror movie in which the mad scientist cuts off his girlfriend's head and keeps it alive in a basting pan.
Doesn't every fellow do that to his girlfriend? It makes the body much more enoyable! :freak: :jest:

·
Registered
798 Posts
The pilot episode "The Cage" had orbital schematics of the Talos system on the viewscreen, but I think these episodes were the only three that had schematics appear on the main viewer. Oh wait, I just remembered "The Lights of Zetar" also had a schematic showing the lights hitting Memory Alpha and that was in the third season as well.

All things considered, I find "Spock's Brain" more watchable then other classic Trek episodes, including a few from the first two seasons.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Whoa. I'm honoured that you (Jay) have posted in my thread. I periodically re-read your comprehesive summary on the AMT 18" E kit, and still enjoy it...I might add.

·
Starship Class
11,820 Posts
Jay Chladek said:
All things considered, I find "Spock's Brain" more watchable then other classic Trek episodes, including a few from the first two seasons.
I concur! :thumbsup: There are a few deadly boring TOS episodes but "Spock's Brain" is definitely not one of them!

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
PerfesserCoffee said:
Doesn't every fellow do that to his girlfriend? It makes the body much more enoyable! :freak: :jest:
Wife reading...over...shoulder. MUST...NOT...SMILE!

·
Registered
126 Posts
rabbit said:

Oh yea, "The Brain That Wouldn't Die" with Jason Evers (TOS, "The Wink of an Eye"), it got a great treatment on MST3K.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts