Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Elder Statesman
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To compliment my Green Goblin from an earlier thread... here are a couple shots of my completed Spiderman. Lots of fun building these!! - Denis

Attachments

·
Elder Statesman
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very Nice Job!!!! What did you paint the base with?..Jeff
Thanks! I used Tamiya acrylics on everything. I stippled (or spattered) the building with 4 colors (brown, tan, desert yellow, and white) after I sprayed the the base colors.

- Denis

·
Elder Statesman
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
is this figure larger or smaller than the Polar Lights Spiderman?
Slightly larger. See this thread "Side-by-side Spideys: Moebius and Polar Lights" by JohnP it shows photos of the comparison. Thanks - Denis

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
How did you do the webbing on his costume? In another thread, there were several suggestions ranging from a black wash to ink.
What a cool built-up!

·
Registered
303 Posts
i guess what i'm getting at is whether the Green Goblin figure would be in scale with the Polar Lights Spider-man.

i dont like the pose of the Mobius Spider-man.

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
That looks great. I am getting ideas from all you modelers displaying your finished kits for the stash of models I have to build at home. I have Nosferatu, The Invisible Man, and an old Aurora/Polar Lights Frankenstein on the bench at the moment. Whenever I get to a sticky point, usually how to get just the effect I want with the paint, I move on to one of the others. But these pics and the few building articles here and other sites are very helpful. Again, a nice job and when I get to it I just hope I can have something approaching yours.

·
Elder Statesman
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i guess what i'm getting at is whether the Green Goblin figure would be in scale with the Polar Lights Spider-man.

i dont like the pose of the Mobius Spider-man.
John -

These are slightly larger than the PL kit but IMO the Goblin kit would look great with the PL Spiderman. - Denis

·
Elder Statesman
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How did you do the webbing on his costume? In another thread, there were several suggestions ranging from a black wash to ink.
What a cool built-up!
Thank you! I used a Rapidograph #00 technical pen with FW non-clogging waterproof india ink. Works great! If you slip just wet a q-tip with saliva and it comes clean. I did use the Model Master semi-gloss clear before I started drawing with the pen. Hope that helps...

- Denis

·
Elder Statesman
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
GREAT job, Denis!! I really like the shades used. What brand/colors did you use?

Wayne
Thanks, Wayne. I used Tamiya acrylics on everything. Clear coated with both semi-gloss and flat to give Spidey a little sheen. - Denis

1 - 19 of 19 Posts