Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So Has anyone used the Spektrum Pro with the SPM1600 voltage protector cap and a LRP Sphere?

Ran my Spektrum pro with a reciver pack last night worked great but turning on and off the reciver pack was a pain would have been worse to unplug it every time.

Anyway I bought both reciver packs and the caps to run on my brushless cars just wanted to know if i could get away with running the cap instead with the LRP sphere.

This is with a M11 if it matters.

Thanks Jake

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Did you have a switch for the receiver pack? I don't know about the LRP but the GTB you have to take the switch off of the speedo and use the receiver pack switch only.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea I had a switch on the reciver pack and one on the Sphere also.Had to turn them both on and off,I never tried to use just the reciver pack switch.

I have been told if you use the GTB you are fine ,and the cap is good back up just incase.

But if you use any other esc to use a reciver pack.

Jake

·
Registered
776 Posts
Just turn on the rx pack. With my GTB I just turn on rx pack and with my brushed stuff QC2 I turn both on. No caps on speedo or spektrum rx.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This cap plugs in to the reciver and is made by Spektrum it says to use it on 4 cell to protect from voltage going to low and causing a glitch.

Just wanted to know if anyone has used it on a Sphere 13.5 and 4300 set up and if so how did it work out?

I just really do not want to run a reciver pack.

thanks Jake

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
I use the shphere in 13.5 and the new spektrum micro receiver with n problems.. I dont use a rec pack or the cap, and i did not hve any glitching.. My understandng is the new rec works at a lower voltage..

the cap works great,, I know many guys who use them with there brushless and spectrum setups..Its alot easier to use then the pack, and its only like 8 bucks..

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
If you run the cap with the standard Spectrum in four cell racing you will
not have any problems.

It seems running big motors will spike the voltage to drop across the pack for a thousands of a secound at initial spool up causing the reciever to turn off and then on again.(glitch)

Running the cap will back feed the reciever from turning off. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Burbs you do not have any problems with the micro because it has 2 caps built in.

But I am glad to know the cap does work yea I paid about 5 bucks for each cap.

Cool guys thanks.

Jake

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
4cell stock and BL. I use the cap on both with Spectrum. No problems.

Had to get my Hobby-Talk fix. I'm sitting on the deck of a cruise ship in the middle of the Gulf of Mexico.
Life is Grand!!!

·
Go Fast, Turn Left
4,799 Posts
I've run with and without the cap on the SR3500 and SR3000 RX's with the Sphere Comp. Did not see any problems. But, a couple weeks ago my COMP went POOF!

Wade,
I'm sitting on my couch in Central Michigan looking out the window at a major winter storm.:tongue:
Waiting for the Cup race to start!
Life is Grand!!!

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just wanted to add I ran my 4300 and 13.5 LRP Sphere with no problems with the caps on them. :thumbsup: 5 min races.

Jake

1 - 12 of 12 Posts