Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so I have heard good thing about both the jr radio and the spektrum radio im kinda liking the spektrum better just because you dont have to worry about cristals or ajusting the sinthisized so what do you guys think

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Both I think are great.

Having my JR far as long as I have and not had a problem with any for there stuff, I would say JR. I have heard and seen issues with the Spektrum. I am not knocking the Spektrum, I think it is great system.

With alot of people going to Spektrum, that is less times I would have to change channels. By the way, changing a channel takes 3 seconds.

Hope this helps,
Jerry

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Spektrum 3.0 just like the JR in features and a lot cheaper than the Z-1.

Invest wisely the first time.

Only problem with spektrum is running 4 cell on-road or high draw mod motors - get a capacitor from spektrum or novak and all is good. That is what I have done.

If you run stock 6 cell you should not have any problems.

mc

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i like the spektrum cuz u just turn it on and go u dont have to mess with anything but people keep telling me that the spektrum dosent have as many adjustments as the JR is this true?

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
My buddy just got one and it has all the features that the JR has. Basically the same but spektrum technology.

Plus for about $200 on e-bay you can get the radio, 2 servos and 2 recievers which in my eye is a kick ass deal.

mc

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I ran the JR for a couple years with no trouble. I switched to spectrum, and like they said, I needed capacitors on my carpet cars. I ended up with the M11 with a spectrum module and it's GREAT! Buy the best radio you can't afford, Z1, M11, 3pk

·
Registered
4,538 Posts
I like my Futaba 3PK with spektrum, but for the money and running nitro I would buy the new Spektrum. You can't go wrong with the Spektrum. I won many races with my Revo and my Spektrum radio. That was the first thing that I upgraded on my Revo and I ran the Spektrum for two years with no problems at all.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts