Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to get a new radio and not sure which one.

Right now I have a futaba 3pm fasst and It seems to be ok but at times a glitch or could it be me?

So I am looking at either a Futaba 3 or 4pk, spektrum dx3r !

Not sure if I should go futaba radio with spektrum module or just go spektrum!

So I am looking for the input of those of you out there that have had trial and error of both systems.

thanks Vinnie

·
Having fun is #1
1,978 Posts
I would say 3PK with spectrum for me. Don't trust the fast yet. I lost a car because of it when they first came out and I went back to spectrum.:thumbsup:I have a good used 3pk with spectrum forsale, Email me.
I am looking to get a new radio and not sure which one.

Right now I have a futaba 3pm fasst and It seems to be ok but at times a glitch or could it be me?

So I am looking at either a Futaba 3 or 4pk, spektrum dx3r !

Not sure if I should go futaba radio with spektrum module or just go spektrum!

So I am looking for the input of those of you out there that have had trial and error of both systems.

thanks Vinnie

·
Premium Member
2,082 Posts
Hey Vinnie How are you powering your Futaba receiver? Since the racers down south have gone to a voltage regulator before the receiver and it seems to have solved most problems. We have racers and I also have the
3PM 2.4 and it now runs without a problem. Just my two cents worth.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I used a voltage regulator before the receiver and still had problems. Went to Spectrum and no problems so far. Maybe the receiver just crapped out on me....

·
Registered
325 Posts
spectrum works great for me started out with a dx2.0 and went to the dx3s didnt feel that the extra money for the r was worth it. i know there were problems with earlier spektrum radios but i bought later models and no probs so far knock on wood.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts