Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to use NiMH batteries in my Spektrum 3.0. Wondering what type of wall charger I need? How many volts and what size charger I need. If anyone has any info it would be appreciated.
Thanks kevin

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
not to hi-jak your thread, but do you have to run a reciever pack with the Spektrum when you run 4-cell? Thanks Ralf

·
Registered
315 Posts
I think he is talking about the tx not the rx. but ralf what kind of charger do you have currently because i have a melenium pro and I just connect the clips to the two terminals (forget wich is wich) and i set it to tx at 2 amps. but if your charger does not have a tx charing mode just set it to 8 cell ni-mh but this is the way i do it. im not shure if they make a wall slow charger for radios that does ni-mh yet but dont hold me to that because i have not looked into it.

HOPE THIS HELPS
Sean Scott

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
DARKSCOPE001 said:
I just connect the clips to the two terminals (forget wich is wich) and i set it to tx at 2 amps. but if your charger does not have a tx charing mode just set it to 8 cell ni-mh but this is the way i do it.
That's the way I do it. Take the battery holder out of the radio, hook up the alligator clips to the pos & neg, Set on Mi-Mh and charge at 1.5amps.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Ralf said:
not to hi-jak your thread, but do you have to run a reciever pack with the Spektrum when you run 4-cell? Thanks Ralf
No I mean the reciever, I read that with the Futaba 2.4 Fast system you cannot run 4-cell without a reciever pack and was wondering if that was true with the Spektrum also? Thanks Ralf

·
Registered
315 Posts
no I have been running 4 cell for a few months now no problem. but there is something you should be warned about. when the batterys start to drain and they arent even producing 4volts per cell (under load mind you) ive had the servo shut down numerous times and have the car go screaming twords the wall but this is only because the pack was one that i dident get to run in my qual and i used it to practice in open practice between heats and i dident re peak so the voltage has bleed off quite a bit but nothing a novak voltage protector wont fix for about 12 bucks or you can try the spektrum voltage protector for about 6 but we dont have any localy and if you get the new spektrum pro micro reciver it has one built in and its tiny and looks plane sick with its translucent smoked plastic housing. but other than that i have had no problems

HOPE THIS HELPS
Sean Scott

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Thanks, just ordered a new radio and started seeing some Futabas having problems with 4-cell cars, just wanted to see if it was a poblem with the Spektrum. Ralf

1 - 8 of 8 Posts