Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all:

I hope all of you are doing well. I finally had time over Christmas to get back into my AFX stuff over Christmas. I think that it was been about a year since I had time to work on it. My wife bought me a Tyco trailer and some LEDs for my cars. The trailer came with the JAM-truck, so I removed the "guide" and I made a hitch pin that adapts to the AFX semi.

I have also been doing some hacking to the track layout. The inherent flaw with passing someone is the lack on electrical continuity when changing lanes. There is no way to overcome that. I tried Slot Car Dan's booster button, which is great for trucks as it limits the overall power with the resistor and provides a full power boost with the switch, but the problem is still there. A couple of weeks ago, I was in bed and came up with a detour track, based upon the breakout turn. I hacked two straights and curves and came up with what you see below. The top is the on-ramp and the yellow-striped one the off ramp.

You can see from the video (prior to the barrier) that I am still working out the bugs. You can also see the police car's LED's. They are pretty cool!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6TfOXVqZEI&feature=youtu.be I got the bugs worked out by adding a higher barrier to the on-ramp.

After the New Year, I spent several days making modifications to the AFX overpass. The Speed Steer overpass is too low for the trucks and trailers to pass under. My first modification was unsuccessful - I forgot to account for the height of the trailer and the truck got high-centered on the top of the overpass because I kept the original length. With the second modification, I raised the bridge and extended the overpass a couple of inches. Here is a test-run video to the second mod. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2OctNR169w&feature=youtu.be

With school in full swing and performance season beginning to pick up, I hope I have enough time to complete the overpass. We'll see....I still haven't finished the Pantera that I carved out last year for the Speed Steer chassis. :( There's only so much time......

1 - 1 of 1 Posts