Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone please direct me to a good resource for obtaining a complete listing of the Speed Racer cars offered by Johnny Lightning?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,871 Posts

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
SiNutt said:
http://playingmantis.com/jl/products_index.php

Go here and look under out of production Pop Culture. I think there were some others like First Shots and the mail in Mach 4...

or check this place out. (An awesome resouce)

http://www.dansdiecast.com/wyatt/spd2000.html

Click on the individual cars and it will take you to a page that list all versions (make sure to scroll to the botton to see list of cars not pictured.)

BTW, Welcome to HT!
Those are some very nice close up photos at "dansdiecast.com".

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
FAO Speed racer set has orange sawblades,no other release has.
The first releases had only red,or silver sawblades / jacks to match "corresponding" interiors.(I think.)
There is the PM Sizzlers Speed Racer race set too, short lived after Mattel pooped thier pants over the use of the Sizzler name.

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
PM was selling the FAO's for a while but they sold out fast.(try ebay,maybe..)
I believe the Sizzlers sets completely sold for a song, at the first or second Fest.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My sincere appreciation for all who took the time to respond. It looks like my collection is fairly close to complete with the exception of cockpit color variations and White Lightning versions. I have the Sizzler Set, the Mach 4 mail-away, the Target Indy-cars, and the Full-Grid VW Buses. I still need the First Shots and the other Full-Grid versions. I have recently been trying to win auctions for a 10th Anniversary Mach 5 and the Diorama on evil-bay.

I recently purchased the JL Mach 5 1/64 die-cast kit car which I never saw at retail (I never saw the 10th anniversary or the diorama at retail either).

Thanks again for the resources and the warm welcome to the message board.

Chris :wave:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Assassin variant...

PocketWocket...

I finally got a chance to dig into my storage box with my JL Speed Racer cars in it. To my distress, I have fewer of the variations than I thought I did. However, I seem to have a variation that wasn't on your list:

I have an Assassin car on a gold card with a GRAY interior. So you can add that version to your list.

Thanks!

Chris

1 - 16 of 16 Posts