Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. Just wanted to know what and where the status of this line of HW was at. I remember passing these cars up in 2010. When I was into GI Joes and probably Star Wars Titanium.... I even remember picking up the skyline GTR (black) and saying to my self this is a cool car, and if I collected Hot Wheels I would totally add this to my collection.. too bad I don't and put it back, as it was like four bucks... :tongue:

now that I am collecting I am kicking myself... This is one of the best lines made in recent years... The decals, the cars, the wheels used... PERFECT... but I have not seen one at TRU. Ebay prices are no less than 6 bucks for the most basic one...I Did find one at O'Reily Auto parts, but that was luck I think.. and found another at a local toy show...

any input would be great... Thanks Guys :wave:

·
Registered
5,768 Posts
As with a lot of series, Mattel killed this one to soon.
If I remember Toys R Us was the only place you could get the last few cars of the series before the line ended.
Depending on what is near you, some grocery chains carried them and may still have some and try auto part stores as well and that may be it because all of the big box stores put them on clearance some time ago.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As with a lot of series, Mattel killed this one to soon.
If I remember Toys R Us was the only place you could get the last few cars of the series before the line ended.
Depending on what is near you, some grocery chains carried them and may still have some and try auto part stores as well and that may be it because all of the big box stores put them on clearance some time ago.
thanks the last two I found were at O Reilys auto parts.. one of them was one I really wanted the white Volkswagon... Very nice... and the other was the green one. That will get robbed of its wheels... for 3 bucks its a win. :hat:

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I have found these recently in the Walmart clearance aisle. I might be willing to part with them for a trade. The ford card is a bit trashed though. Was gonna give it to my daughter to open and add to hER collection but if interested I'm sure I could find her some purple cars to replace them. Lol

Keep your eyes on the clearance shelves at Wally's. I've found some awesome older series there dirt cheap. The speed machines ring up at $1.00

My little girl opened and is attached to the blue Audi TT so that one is spoken for but I found 2 of the maroon one

Also just found this one there yesterday.

·
Premium Member
9,259 Posts
Nice Finds Guys Congrats.:wave::thumbsup:

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow I had no idea they would be on clearance... I go to my Wallys ( I am assuming you mean Walmart) and the HW collectors are hardcore so I am sure they have snagged up already

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Yeah Walmart. Can't find a chase card there but I've found some cool cars and deals in the clearance aisle. They differ from store I store. One store has almost 2 aisle of clearance an another has just absolute trash. Stuff that belongs at a yard sale at best.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts