Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am presently running an original Super Sport that came packaged with my 4300 motor, so I am thinking of the need to purchase a new esc sooner or later. With the possibility of Lipos what esc would you recomend? I am afraid that the GTB-4 cell might not handle the higher voltage of the Lipos. What esc are the guys running Lipos using? Thanks Ralf

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Flies

And now, he notices the fly in the ointment. That's a *VERY* interesting question; and you're not the only one wondering if the ESC's will cook with the Lipo's. Personally, I wonder if the switching times of the ESC's can handle the demand. Well, I guess we'll see. Lin, Gary and some others are doing the groundwork, and we'll all benefit from their work. Thanks; Ernie P. :cool:

Ralf said:
I am presently running an original Super Sport that came packaged with my 4300 motor, so I am thinking of the need to purchase a new esc sooner or later. With the possibility of Lipos what esc would you recomend? I am afraid that the GTB-4 cell might not handle the higher voltage of the Lipos. What esc are the guys running Lipos using? Thanks Ralf

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Come on Ernie, you were there! The GTB never got warm. If you are thinking about trying the LiPo deal this is all the speed control you need. From what I understand the 4 cell GTB is the same as the regular GTB it just does not come with the heat sink and fan. But check that part out for yourself before you just take my word for it.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought that there were differences in the voltage they would handle as the reg. GTB is listed as 4-6 cell and the 4-cell GTB is listed as 4-cell ONLY? The other thing is the NEW series of GTB/GTB 4-cell that are listed as having "Spread Spectrum technology" ? Maybe these are worth waiting for. Thanks RAlf

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got one, that was why I was wondering if I should try and get one as they are more expensive than the reg. GTB, wondered if they would be worth the extra bucks. Ralf

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
i know the castle will work, i think its good up to 4 lipo cells too !! and i hear they are working on software to run sensored motors.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Most spec brushless classes being run around here require Novak equipment and I have used Novak for years so I am more comfortable using it anyway. Thanks RAlf

·
Registered
24 Posts
There are many many people in my area racing with the GTB on 2s lipo. It handles it perfectly fine and does it in 20 minute mains!. This is in off-road racing though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts