Hobbyist Forums banner

SPEED Channel . . . slot cars on Gearz tonight

2571 Views 20 Replies 13 Participants Last post by  Tycoarm
According to the program guide tonight Stacy David's "Gearz" is supposed to be showcasing slot cars. Starts in 5 minutes and repeats at 1 am ET.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Missed it!!:mad:
it was just on
wonder how much Carrera paid for that?
Too bad there was no mention of Auto World and all their NHRA stuff . . . on a hot rodder show of all things! :rolleyes:
I wasn't that impressed. Its like they were treating it like a joke mostly.

At one point, where they showed the one car driving on the infield grass....I had to explain to the Mrs that they can't actually do that.
I was not impressed either. Very POORLY done!!!
well, it was funny and i enjoyed it. I was disappointed that no HO were included and i agree that AW was snubbed, but I am sure that Carrera paid for the air time and AW either wasn't approached or willing to pay.
It was a just an ad for Carrera. Kinda funny, kinda dumb.
Well, it's PR.
I already have people calling and emailing me about slot cars.

Maybe I should do a XX spot......... on slot cars.

Stay thirsty my friends.
Too bad there was no mention of Auto World and all their NHRA stuff . . . on a hot rodder show of all things! :rolleyes:
I don't know if this is the episode being mentioned here but I have seen one with the Auto World drag set also. He has done Hot Wheels and other toy cars before.
I wasn't that impressed. Its like they were treating it like a joke mostly.
You know these are toys, right? They're supposed to make you smile and laugh, very much like a joke. I thought it was a fun feature.

The entire show is a series of mini commercials embedded in the programming.
You know these are toys, right? They're supposed to make you smile and laugh, very much like a joke. I thought it was a fun feature.

The entire show is a series of mini commercials embedded in the programming.
I get it. It was a 7 minute segment and sure, it was fun. Maybe I misunderstood the show as I'd never seen it before last night. It was on Speed so I guess I was expecting them to talk about actual slot car competition.

An aside...anyone else notice that Batman sounded suspiciously like Capt Kirk? ;)
Watch these very cool

Pt 1
Pt 2
Pt 3
Pt 4
Pt 5
Pt 6
Thanks for the post Roger!
James May is great
hah....actually meant to reply the night it got posted. Sucked me in for sure.

(I think I sat here for 45 minutes with a slightly bemused "OK, this I gotta see" expression on my face.)

And I have to admit I sorta laughed when that car crapped out on the pond crossing.
I just watched the replay and thought it was a pisser!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.