Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, :wave: I'm new to the hot wheels side, been over at the JL side so far and a little to the slot cars, anyway new to collecting Hotwheels.

I was talking to a buddy and he said somehting about some blue ones are rare....with that stuck in my mind I was at wal-mart today and found this one and picked it up. So what's the deal with them anyway? I left the Cadillac Escalade Spectraflame Blue hanging on the paegs, should I go back and get it? :confused:

thanks for any info

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
like above, yes the blue escalade is a chase car...

and watch out for the GTO...the regular one is enamel blue and the chase one is spectraflame blue.. (easy to see if they are bothe hanging together)

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well I seen a yellow hummer and a silver hummer, and though hmmm....wonder if one is odd, then I seen the a blue one, then another silver and yellow hummer. So I bough the blue one cause I remember a friend saying something about some hot wheels being blue or somehting. Got home and wrote here to see about Spectraflame blues.

Found on this site that I did have one. http://www.southtexasdiecast.com/images/whips/whips_C2679a.jpg

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
Mecal said:
ahhh, so this is the infamous Spectraflame Blue?

how do you tell? :freak:
just look at the pic at the top of this post...any of the preferred series cars..like kool n custom, or the Burtwells, ..any of the $3.99 or 4.99, (whatever they are charging now),... if you see them in that chrome-y/spectraflame blue color...they are chase cars... most are easy to spot...wish I woulda picked up the regualr GTO..from the Kool n Custom series...so I could post them comparison pics...that might be a little harder one, cuz there is a regular issue blue enamel one, but when they are side by side, you can really tell the chase car...

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Mecal said:
whats a "chase car"

and it'll say Kool N Custom on it right?

thx
A TH is a chase car, along with White Lightnings, and these blue cars. Any car produced in a limited quantity whose sole purpose is to drive grown adults mad. :tongue: ;)

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Mecal...
Kool n Kustom (Pontiac GTO) is one series to look for ..but they can also be found in Motor City Muscle (Dodge Dart), Great 8s (Low Boy Roadster) ,WHIPS West Coast Customs...lots here..love the MB SL55 and the H2 ..I'm not a Cadillac person...but the EXT looks great too...! At first it was the wheels that attracted me, but the spectraflame blue really adds to it...good luck hunting for them...!

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
I got the spectra blue Dart in trade two days ago and I found the spectra blue 49 Mercury convertible this morning. I also have the spectra blue 57 Chevy and Lo Boy Roadster. Now if I could just get the GTO and 58 T-bird.

---Matty (mattywhelz)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts