Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys-
Here is some pics of specialty chassis modifieds that we have. We dont have them as a class in our racing series but the 61 and the 85 I run in our magnetraction class and do well. The 55 car is a t-jet but it looked good in the picture! Got to give my brother-in-law(pairadice racing) the photo credits to get these and more to come to you guys. The other cars in the pic also belong to him. Hope ya like em.
Circle Track DAC
Oh ya check out the creative bodywork on the corvette in the back row. Paradice gets lazy and dont paint sometimes and thats a creation of his!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the compliments guys,
I will try to answer roadrner and shadowracers questions both in this reply. The Evans Pinto was a broken up AFX funny car with a screwpost added to mount. The 85 was a Tyco 40 Ford (the flamed black one) also with a screw post mount added.The 55 t-jet was the hot rod body missing a roof and hood so that stuff had to be made out of sheet plastic. A cut up AFX model A radiator was added and a screw post was mounted in the radiator. A lot of cutting and grinding with the ol Dremel was done of course. The header dumps are brass pin tubing, reamed on one end so I could stuff 4 straightened staples into itthen glued in with a small drop of JB weld. After the JB sets up I bend the shapes of the pipes and cut the head ends off where needed to just clear the chassis. After shaping I add a small drop of super glue at the JB weld joint because the may loosen up when bending. I like the metal look so I dont paint them altho there aint many headers those colors. Maybe Pairadice will elaborate on the cars of his in the group shot.
Thanks again guys-Circle Track DAC

·
Registered
390 Posts
:thumbsup:
Outstanding job on those cars. Like Roger said , I wish you weren't so far away! Great work and keep the pics coming . I like the header idea , thats cool. Tim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts