Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not too long ago, I sent Adrian, Plankowner, a package of newer Hot Wheels and a treasure hunt. This was a small thank you for the service he's giving the country aboard the USS MASON at sea, and the sacrifice his family and he are giving. Today I came home to a package on my front porch. In it was a hat from the Mason, and a special coin. Adrian, thank you so much!! Stay safe, and get home soon!
hat:

front of coin:

back side:

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Awesome job by you for thinking of him and sending some goodies. I'd say he was very appreciative. That's some great stuff to find at your door when you got home. Nice job by Adrian.

Adrian, be safe, god bless you and all your fellow servicemen and women.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Hey Bill! I'm glad you got the package. I haven't been able to jump on the internet lately while operating at sea so I didn't know if you had received it or not yet. We finally pulled into port for 5 days R & R and I can finally access the internet. (The small things in life :) ) Thank you again for the Hot Wheels and thank's to everybody else for the kind words!

·
Registered
478 Posts
Chief Petty Officer!!!!!!!

Chief petty officer, eh?? That,s cool, i know you probably a blackshoe,(for those who know what that is)!! Thank you for serving our country. I was a Boats,wain,s Mate 2nd class on the USS Patterson,(Mayport, Florida), back in the late 70,s and early 80.s!!(Spent most of our time in the med and persian gulf!!) Send me your address, i got something for ya too!!!!!!! [email protected] :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Very cool Plankowner! My step-dad just retired a year ago as a Master Chief. I have a couple of his coins when he was serving in Iraq.
Would you be interested in trading one of your coins for one of his? I think he would get a kick out of it. Let me know!
Thanks for your service as well!
Chris

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Terrific gesture from a terrific HT member, for a terrific serviceman. Adrian, thank you and your shipmates for the duty you are performing for our country. Bill, thank you for thinking of him.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
rgeezer18 said:
Chief petty officer, eh?? That,s cool, i know you probably a blackshoe,(for those who know what that is)!! Thank you for serving our country. I was a Boats,wain,s Mate 2nd class on the USS Patterson,(Mayport, Florida), back in the late 70,s and early 80.s!!(Spent most of our time in the med and persian gulf!!) Send me your address, i got something for ya too!!!!!!! [email protected] :thumbsup:
Man I bet you times were sure different (and fun) back then as compared to how they are now. I joined in 1986 and things have changed so much in the 20 plus years I have in. But I wouldn't trade the experience I've had being in the Navy for anything. I've been fortunate to make Senior Chief in my time and hopefully will get looked at for Master Chief later this year. I know about those Med cruises and all about the Persian gulf. This is my fifth time here out of my 9 deployments. I have alot of love for you Boatswain mates. I have always said that the two hardest working rates in the Navy were Boatswain Mates and Engineman. That's what I am. I'll email or PM you with my ship's address. Have a great day!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Hey Plankowner, I would like to say a big thank you to you & all your ship mates for your service to or country, THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Glad to see you get a little rr too! Thanks again ZF Jeff :wave:

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
superduty455 said:
Very cool Plankowner! My step-dad just retired a year ago as a Master Chief. I have a couple of his coins when he was serving in Iraq.
Would you be interested in trading one of your coins for one of his? I think he would get a kick out of it. Let me know!
Thanks for your service as well!
Chris
Hey Chris,
I'm always interested in trading challenge coins. It would be great to trade coins with a fellow shipmate. Send me a PM with a mailing address. And I appreciate your kind words and all those of everyone else as well. Hobbytalk is full of kind people and thier generosity is overwhelming.

Adrian

1 - 12 of 12 Posts