Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was trying to check the compression on a Echo SRM210 string trimmer. I screwed in my compression gauge pulled the cord and the piston hit the end of the gauge. I have had this problem before with some engines. I have 3 compression gauges and all have the thread length too long. Does anyone make an adapter for the short reach spark plugs so I can test the compression. The spark plug is a 14mm thread plug. bpm8y. my ngk book say's it has a 3/4" reach. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I was trying to check the compression on a Echo SRM210 string trimmer. I screwed in my compression gauge pulled the cord and the piston hit the end of the gauge. I have had this problem before with some engines. I have 3 compression gauges and all have the thread length too long. Does anyone make an adapter for the short reach spark plugs so I can test the compression. The spark plug is a 14mm thread plug. bpm8y. my ngk book say's it has a 3/4" reach. Thanks for the help.
ECHO COMPRESION TESTER OR A COMPRESION TESTER MADE FOR SMALL ENGINES WILL HAVE A SHORT REACH ADAPTOR I HAVE A Mityvac MV5530 WHIC HAS ALL SIZES OF ADAPTORS

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Petrol-Co...iagnostic_Tools_Equipment&hash=item3ef7339648

1 - 2 of 2 Posts