Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Theres been a lot of talk about spec racing not being spec.Is it true that the high tech speedos out there even in blinky mode put out more" juice" than none advancing esc. If so why would these be legal? Just cause you can not put timing and boost ? If they put out more they still have an advantage. Im just saying shouldnt spec be a fun class to compete in. I dont believe its a class to set track records or push the limits of the rules to get an advantage. If they can cheat they will. Not ranting, but if you want track records and the crowd ohs and ahs, play with the big boys and leave the newbies to the learning classes.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
but what about the racers like me that as race 25 years,that stop in 2004 because I could not afford a dyno» laptop» the motors of the week» new and fresh packs every 4 months and lets not talk about tires.know my local track as a SPEC 17.5 COT
which is the following
COT
1/10 scale Chassis
BODY-Protoform 1230.1232 and McAllister 249.254.261,265 cut at lower line and rear cannot be cut out.
SPOILER height will be decided and factory spoiler may be used on cars designed for it
MOTOR....NOVAK..17.5 SS or Ballistic only.
ESC..Novak non programmable only(xbr,havoc,GTB,GTB2,edge,club or hobbywing(juststock)other ESC must be approved by the track.
TIRES..World GT (purple strip only)
Battery SMC 25C 1Cell
3mm chassis and body height
Weight 37 oz(2 pounds 5 oz) with transponder

and because its a SPEC classe I should not run this class.I think they should be a beginners even slower class(21.5) for the beginner and let guys like me race SPEC class...if theu choose so!!!
Danny/72

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats fine if your not taking a 17.5 open car, setting the speedo to blinky mode and saying its spec! sorry the word beginner was the wrong word to use.We run with many experienced men and find them to be more honorable to the rules than most newbies

1 - 4 of 4 Posts