Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys
This year our club has been running a handout stock motor program where one person maintians the motor then each week you get one race it then give it back. Basically now everyone in the clubs lookin for a bit more speed so we want to go with a 19t motor. What one do you guys suggest?

thanks

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
I think the clubs Spec motor deal is great !!!!
I applaud any club for enacting such a division and don't let the racer dictate the rules ,,,,,,,, any racer always wants more speed !

Move up a division and don't try and change the one your in .

Thats as bad as the guys who want to run spec but they want 4200's , 19 turn motors , high tech front ends and suspension ??????

Wake up , isn't there another class that already has these.

·
Registered
870 Posts
NCFRC we have a spec motor 4200 class down here called super spec. They used to have a class called pro sportsman with 6 cell spec pacs and 21t speed spec motors but everyone bitched about batteries so they went to 3800's then 4200's when they became legal. The one thing everything forgets about spec or any class is if it dont go threw the corners it aint goin win. I like spec racing because its all on you as far setup and driving.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
NCFRC
We only run one class at our track and it has been agreed on by everyone in the club that a new motor is an ok idea. We all buy a new motor for the new winter season any way so its not a cost issue. We also run a 3600 mandated battery that everyone has to run so its a really low cost class we just want to do something a little different for next winter.

Thanks for the input.

·
Premium Member
1,648 Posts
No, no, no. If some poor soul is maintaining these motors every week, it's time to step up to brushless. Get the new 13.5T brushless with the sintered rotor. Practically no maintainence, indestructable, and same power. It will save you time and money and everyone will love identical power from week to week.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts