Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to remember the name of an old toy. Well not really a toy but a sculpting type of kit. You bought this thing that was a block of plaster. You were supposed to chip away the plaster type material and you would end up with a sculture. You weren't really sculpting it as the figure or whatever was already done and imbeded in the plaster. It was obviously made of a harder material than the stuff you chipped away and you couldn't mess it up. Came out perfect every time.

I can't recall what objects (figures, whatever) were inside but were probably figures.

I do recall that my friends and I said this chipping away takes to long and would just hit it with a hammer. Instant scupture. LOL!

Anyone remember this?

Thanks,

James :)

·
Registered
701 Posts
I do indeed remember that. It actually WAS called "Chip Away"... different sets, too.. I think there were sports figures, maybe an animal set...

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks!

Yeah, it was fun. The first one even fooled the old man. He saw me chipping away and probably figured there is a waste of money. And when it was done he did a double take trying to figure out how the heck I sculped the figure so well. My mom and I had a great laugh over that. LOL!

James :)

·
Registered
560 Posts
Yeah!!! I had a Chip Away set too! Mine was a Sports theme as well. That was yet another vein attempt by Pop to get me more intested in sports than in monsters. ;)

·
Registered
343 Posts
Ah, memory lane. I believe I had a Scooby Doo one, and I did manage to put a scratch in my figure while chipping away. I think it came with paint also.

Larry

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Had one as a kid. Best I can recall it was a sports figure. Saw something very similar at Hobby Lobby; you chip out dino bones and then assemble the skeleton.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts