Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking in to getting a space pod kit. The ones I have been seeing on the bay place seem to come in two box types. Are there any differences in the kits or is it just art changes.
Thanks
Mel W.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
I have never seen another box art version. I would guess that if they are the same brand (Moebuis), then they are identical. I wonder if one is more "rare" than the other? Hmmmm......

I'm in the middle of building mine right now. There are lots of extras available for this kit. Photo-etch metal parts, decals, light kits, etc. Kinda cool....

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
I just finished mine..no aftermarket parts...just straight out of the box...I will caution you that the instruction sheet leaves much to be desired...but it builds up nicely...a few gaps here and there, but other than that, its a great and finely detailed kit...and I never thought I'd see real injection molded space pod kit in my lifetime..

Z

·
Premium Member
2,825 Posts
There currently is only one boxtop; when you see the LIS logo directly over the top of the pod, it's the actual boxtop. When you read the logo off to the side of the pod, it's from one of the Moebius advertisement flyers for the kit, which used a different view of the same (excellent) painting.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
I just finished mine..no aftermarket parts...just straight out of the box...I will caution you that the instruction sheet leaves much to be desired...but it builds up nicely...a few gaps here and there, but other than that, its a great and finely detailed kit...and I never thought I'd see real injection molded space pod kit in my lifetime..

Z
There is a step-by-step out of the box build on the culttvman forum. I printed it out to help me with some of the holes in the directions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts