Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 202 Posts

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess I had posted here, but I guess I had not done so, I had built a 1/500 model of the Yamato, it was been sitting on the top of my T.V. set for some time. The other day I fell a cross the deck that the model on it's base was standing on. not only did it fall but also split a part. so now I have to rebuild the model. Right now it's not in shape for photos, it will be some time, before I can have it in shape to take any photos of it.

I can't think of the users name, but I had gotten it from a user here.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It has been some time while I waited for the first glue to dry. I've had it sitting to one side and have put the pats that came off onto the table where I build other models. As I had sent an email message to the Japanese model company asking for replacement parts, I got a return one that theid the their parts department section had been damaged by the EQ so they can't send parts at all.

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
Man starlord you have the worst luck. Is there a dark cloud that follows you around raining on you most of the time? Good luck with the repairs.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No dark clouds around here, unless you call that dark cloud bad luck. I has started working on it, so far the hull is together and I've put on the one set of canons back on. but I'm going to write a story about it being on display on the moon in a broke down way. I've got a lot of writing to do. when I've done it I'll let everyone know so they can read it then.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well today I got both parts of the hull together and covered the seams with my homemade goo that I use, and once it was hard, I stared my Dremel and sanded the goo down. some time this week end I hope to post pics of what it's like.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
GRATE news!
I have ordered another kit of the model, it may take a bit of time to get to me, with all that I've had with this model it should not be hard to build.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I had to dig into my computer files but I found a image of the the model I am going to get, and it is the smae one that is for the one that I've worked on for a long time.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I got this photo from another user, I have tryed to make it bigger, as it's the same as the older post, but if I worked right, it should be bigger

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The yamato that was broke, I've been working putting it together with the home moade plastic goo that I use and as it becomes hard I have to use my DREMEL tool to sand down the hard plastic goo. I's going slow as that goo is not easy to sand down.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I forgot to say, the I got a email note that the yamato that I had ordered from CultTVmanShop has been mailed and it looks like it'll take about 2 weeks to get to my home.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
On this model I've only used the goo after it fell from the T.V., up to that point I had not used my goo, now to keep the seams strait I have put small amounts of the goo along the lines and after it is hard I then sand it down with my Dremel tool.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
maybe next time LESS GOO...wadda ya think?

Steve
I only use it to fill in some of the seams on models that don't fit good, or if I'm repairing one I use it to make the seams stronger. then I have to do is sand it down to male it look the same as the rest of them model. I've been using my DEMEL tool to do that, I've been sanding down the seams of the yamato that got broke.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That's not the one I'm getting, mine doesn't have the cutaway part, it's not like my older one that I still have to repair nor is the one I'm getting like that with it's cutaway area.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Space Cruiser Yamato

It came today! But it will be a while before I start working on it, I'll need to get the right glue before I work on it.
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
I'll try to post a pic of the box for the model, but I'll post a pic of the scare cruiser that I had work on before and had all that rotten luck with, but I have painted one shade of color and that's abouut it.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
This note to tell that I have been working on some drain pipes nothing has been done on any of
models or anthing else today.

1 - 20 of 202 Posts