Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently built the re-released 12 inch Round2 Eagle and tried to build it more accurately: cut out the cages, added some details and added some engine details. Here are a few pictures. I built a little laser I can add and remove from the model. Also, I'm catching up on HobbyTalk posts and responses. It has been a busy summer in the woods. The first picture is sort of an in process shot.

I built the 22 inch Eagles as well, but this is a fun kit.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I recently built the re-released 12 inch Round2 Eagle and tried to build it more accurately: cut out the cages, added some details and added some engine details. Here are a few pictures. I built a little laser I can add and remove from the model. Also, I'm catching up on HobbyTalk posts and responses. It has been a busy summer in the woods. The first picture is sort of an in process shot.

I built the 22 inch Eagles as well, but this is a fun kit.

View attachment 310825

View attachment 310826

View attachment 310827

View attachment 310828
Thanks for the acknowledgement

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice job!
I love that old kit even with all it's warts.

Did you add any details inside the cages?

Nice job on the photos! Looks like Alan has his hands full with the T-Rex!
Thanks!
There are details in the cages. I think if I ever do another 12 inch I will make the cage bars thinner so the details show better.
Jim

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
I have 3 of the old kits in my stash, and 2 that I built in the last few years, one that I tried to accurize as much as possible. I agree, even with the cages open the framework is so thick that the detail gets hidden!

The problem is, with R2s new 14 inch eagle out there is no reason to try and make the old kits accurate.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have 3 of the old kits in my stash, and 2 that I built in the last few years, one that I tried to accurize as much as possible. I agree, even with the cages open the framework is so thick that the detail gets hidden!

The problem is, with R2s new 14 inch eagle out there is no reason to try and make the old kits accurate.
You make good points. I really wanted to try it and I was able to without serious finger injuries. I have two 12 inch Deluxe kits and was toying with the idea of building one more Eagle with cages detailed and add some simple lighting in the cockpit and on the pods to really dress it up. I have built the 22 inch kits and have two 14 inch Eagles and there's no question they are superior. The leg pods on the 12 inch kit are quite large, and they also hide cage details.
Jim

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
Fond memories of building this one a couple times over the years, and still have an unopened one in the stash... well done! The fact that the cages are lacking interior detail is really the worst part of it, as demonstrated in this build it can still be worked up into a very nice model.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fond memories of building this one a couple times over the years, and still have an unopened one in the stash... well done! The fact that the cages are lacking interior detail is really the worst part of it, as demonstrated in this build it can still be worked up into a very nice model.
Yes, I agree. I imagine if someone would have released a more accurate Eagle many years ago instead of just re-releasing it, they would have made a lot of money.
Jim

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
I think R2 has made a lot of money on the Space 1999!

We all bought the old kit when it was re-released, I bought the deluxe kit with the boosters.

We were told this financed the 22 inch eagle, I bought 2 of them. Now the 14 inch eagle-I have 1, so far.

Thats a lot eagles!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts