Hobbyist Forums banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Hey Guys,

I've been away for a while and I thought i would check in with some updates. I'm pretty much done painting the paneling on the command module, passenger pods and the landing pods. I painted the thrusters on the CM chrome silver and the various patches were painted light gray darkened with flat black, and light gray.

Here is the command module.

The passenger pod.

The landing pods.

I'm fast coming near the end. Just a few touch ups then I should be ready fro decals and clear coat.

Tom

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Hey Fellas,

It's been a while since I've posted because I needed a little break for some family time.

I was able to make just a little bit more progress since I last posted. I added the Aztek Dummy decal replacements to the bottom of the landing gear pods. part of the delay was that I messed up the original set and Lou at Aztek Dummy was kind enough to send me a new set. BTW he told me that Round 2 plans to retire this kit once the new tooling is complete and those kits are out so you better stock up on his masks while you can. Anyways, here are my results so far:

With the landing gear glued on.

All four are now completed.

Not sure how much more I will get done because of a busy work schedule but I hope have more progress in the next week or two.

Tom

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #43 (Edited)
Hey Everyone,

I haven't posted here in a very long time and I see there have been some changes. I do like the new look and I have to get used to things being different. I have been busy traveling and taking care of other business so I had to set this project aside while I tended to other business. I was finally able to finish this project a couple of weeks ago putting on the decals and spraying a couple of layers of Dullcote. Here are a few pictures of my Eagle now that it's finished.

I want to thank everyone who supported me and gave me advice on this project, I wouldn't have been able to get it done without you. Thanks Again!

Tom

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Beautiful!

Just an observation, but if you're interested in a similar look to the turned alumium engine bells, try Rustoleum Bright Aluminum. I ust used it on the Apollo Command Module in a Revell 1/144th scale Saturn V I'm building and it looks like I chromed it!

Larry

41 - 46 of 46 Posts