Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
7,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
..since there are always NEW Readers to the HobbyTalk Site...

The South-West Tour Series
a Joe Myers Event
Proudly Powered and Sponsored by
NOVAK ELECTRONICS & Team ORION

The South-West Tour Series, (one of the LONGEST Continually run R/C Points Series in the U.S.) was established in 2001, when the organization NORRCA was sold for the 3rd time in a 5 year period.

The "TOUR" as it has been referred to since it's first year, was created out of necessity to keep R/C Oval racing alive on the West Coast.

For over a decade preceding the formation of the South-West Tour Series, the NORRCA Organization (which was based in Southern California) had held their own Southern California Paved Oval Series, which was very popular through the late 1990's.

The NEW Owners of NORRCA dropped ALL their traveling series in 2000, and as I took on the task of directing the Oval races, and formed our series, which officially began in 2001.

Next season (2010) will be our 10th Anniversary Tour, and I'm very proud to say, nearly 95% of our racers have been with us, supporting this series those entire 10 years.

The Series:

We race 10 "points" races per season, one per month from February to November (Or December, depending on how dates fall) , we use 2 Throwout events, and award the championship based on the best 8 of 10 races.

The 2009 season was the first year our series was made up of only 2 tracks (SHORT Carpet, and BIG Velodrome) as these have been our most popular venues to date. However, through the years we've run Parking Lots, Permanent Tracks, Short Concrete, 1/4 Scale Tracks and even had a couple years where like NASCAR we included a couple Road Races.

In closing, I just wanted to bring a little information about our small series to those who may not actually KNOW who or what we are.

Joe Myers
South-West Tour Series
www.southwesttour.com

Special Thanks to ALL of our Supporters
(Current and Past)
NOVAK - Team ORION
McAllister Racing - Boca Bearings - Protoform

BSR Racing - Jake's Performance Hobbies - Lefthander R/C
Parma/PSE - Muddslide - Darkside Motorsports - Kimbrough Gears
PRS Gears - Stick -ET Tire Sauces - T/M Tires - Finishline Products -
A Main Tires - KSG Racing - Team Associated
(I know I'm leaving someone out, and I apologize)

·
Registered
7,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Steve, as our IRONMAN who made the MOST Consecutive Races, it will be nice to see you FULL TIME again!!

This years points battle has been great

Brett Patti
Brian Bond
Art Hernandez
Keith Brown
Bryan Myers
John Miles
Brad Muther
Tim Twyman
Arnold Brittain
Dave Barber
Frank Valentino

are all very capable drivers, add to those the guys who don't run the VELO that SHINE on the Short tracks

Tony Gammel
Chad Lantz

along with some of the guys who haven't been able to run, or who have only run PART TIME

Tony Staples
Steve Jacquez
Carlton Duty

and we've got a great Sportsman group of drivers.

I have to say, I would love to see some of the VELO only guys run CARPET too, and the CARPET only guys run at the VELO, but I know some guys like one over the other!

(We MAY run a 'Split' series next season of some sort)

VELO Series - best 4 of 5
SHORT Track Series - best 4 of 5
OVERALL Champion - best 8 - 10

That will probably depend on some stuff...

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
i'm in for the drome races next year.just like this year(and last year and the year before that and the year before that and the years before that).lmao:thumbsup:

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
joe just maybe...and i mean maybe your series is right and i am all wrong! don't ever listen to me again!

1 cell 7.5 was supposed to be the same speed as 17.5 2 cell..they went 2 laps faster first time out!!!!

esc's you can't buy.........

i'm very i'll .................................

·
Registered
598 Posts
You can buy it kat....just head over to the CRC site and pick up a few, easy as that.

Why be ill and what is wrong with going faster? There is a class structure for that very reason ya know......

·
Registered
7,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good deal Dave - We should have (5) series, plus the SHOOTOUT again in '10. I'm working on that this week (when I have time)

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
joe just maybe...and i mean maybe your series is right and i am all wrong! don't ever listen to me again!

1 cell 7.5 was supposed to be the same speed as 17.5 2 cell..they went 2 laps faster first time out!!!!

esc's you can't buy.........

i'm very i'll .................................
joe,katfish is actually agreeing with you about something(maybe) and you dident even aknowledge him.WOW!maybe its time to move to cali,kat and get out of all the contoversy in fla.hope to see you soon brother.but not in that fla bikini,ok.lmao

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
cory you cannot buy that esc...you can pre order the esc.....

in joe i trust!

·
Registered
7,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This is the POINTS battle for out SPORTSMAN 21.5 Class

From 1st to 3rd is a 6 point battle, with Brian Bond in the middle, 4 points back to the leader.

BOND is usually a top 3 car on the VELO where the season will end, Patti is a regular Top 5 car, and Myers has been struggling on speed - but has signed with NCM for a one race deal - driving the Flying Pylon.

·
Registered
7,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just over a WEEK away, until the BIGGEST Class Championship is determined!!!

WHOSIT gonna BE!!!

·
Registered
7,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It's one week until the 2009 season of the SWTour Series comes to a close...

Time to thank NOVAK ELECTRONICS and TEAM ORION for their sponsorship and support of our little series.

When we introduced Brushless / 2s Lipo racing a while back, we knew it was going to give us some great racing. Being able to stay with the same basic battery and motor for 2 full seasons in our 21.5 classes let drivers learn things they never get to learn w/ rapid product changes, and it showed on the results sheets at every race the past 2 seasons.

2010 will be our 10th year of continuously running our Oval Series, and I'm looking for it to once again be a great year of racing. We will be changing some of our classes for the next season however.

We will be changing one of our Primary sponsors, and would like to thank THUNDER POWER Racing for coming on board. This will mean a new direction for our batteries as well.

We will be adding at least one, possibly two classes of 1s lipo to our class line up, and we'll be keeping our popular 2s - 21.5 class. The 21.5 class will be using one of Thunder Power's Race Spec lipo packs that offers affordability to the racer w/o the blistering speeds their full RACE Pack offers. The current plan is to put this class on the 2700 mAh pack for 2010.

The TP 2700 pack is available for a street price in the $50.00 range, and will allow all the current 2s chargers, speed controls, and motor combinations to stay the same, offering a greater overall savings to the racer, and testing has shown this battery to offer plenty of run time and voltage for our (5) minute racing.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts