Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
TRUELY INCREDIBLE Mitch!!! Hey about how big are they? again nice job on the Skin tones and Bela's hair really looks like a Wig (in a good way)

JOHN/LONFAN

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
fantastic kit !! congrats on finding that one ( isn't that the resin from the grave one ?? ) . 1/6th scale IIRC .
you're doing it justice on the paint job too .
hb

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lonfan said:
TRUELY INCREDIBLE Mitch!!! Hey about how big are they? again nice job on the Skin tones and Bela's hair really looks like a Wig (in a good way)

JOHN/LONFAN
This is a very BIG Kit It was produced by Resin from the Grave back in the 90's
it is 1/6 scale Igore is about 12", and Frank is about 14" (he weighs a ton)
the base is very large and detailed. I've toned down Igore's hair with some
darker browns so I hope it looks more natural. Randy Bowen sculpted Igor
BTW!

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
OH NO MITCH, I've seen a Color Pic of Lon Jr. as The Wolfman (from A&C Meet Frank) and the Fur on him actually looks like your Bela Kinda Reddish.So I personally thought thats what you were going for.You achived a realism that is Uncanny! I hope you didn't tone it down Too much.

Look forward to much more,

LON/JOHN

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
lonfan said:
OH NO MITCH, I've seen a Color Pic of Lon Jr. as The Wolfman (from A&C Meet Frank) and the Fur on him actually looks like your Bela Kinda Reddish.So I personally thought thats what you were going for.You achived a realism that is Uncanny! I hope you didn't tone it down Too much.

Look forward to much more,

LON/JOHN
Thanks for the comments! I heard Igor's hair was red, that's why I painted it that way. I would LOVE to see that color photo of the Wolfman. Can you post It?!!

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Mitch- you'll have to go to www.monsterkid.com this is like an Online "Famous Monsters" And this Site has the Color Wolfie as the Cover Pic Sorry I can't get ya' DIRECTLY to it.

I think they refered to it as "Crepe" Hair? Like Lon Sr. wore in "London After Midnight,So PLEASE Don't think I'm Citiquing your Work I actually want my Vamprire Lon to have that Very same Coloring as you do with Igor. Well again well worth Observing at least I can see What these pieces can be Detailed like, IF, done by a Master Craftsman such as yourself

JOHN/LONFAN

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks , John for your kind words . Tonight I'll round up the names of the colors I use on the hair, and I'll let you know how I did it. I do use Krylon Brown
primer on my human faces (I used it on the entire Ygor figure).

·
Registered
867 Posts
Wonderful job on the kits.

But something is bothering me about the original sculpt: From this angle, Frankie looks eerily like an undead Garrison Keillor! :lol:

Mark

·
Registered
53 Posts
Red x

Why do I only see a red x where Photos are supporsed to be? Im not very good with computers. Sorry to post Off Topic. Help. Went into browser and clicked anything about images and enabled. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
MGagen said:
Wonderful job on the kits.

But something is bothering me about the original sculpt: From this angle, Frankie looks eerily like an undead Garrison Keillor! :lol:

Mark

YES, I SEE IT!!!
ACTUALLY, a different sculptor did Frank, but I've done more work on him to
make him look more like Karloff.

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Universalrocks said:
Why do I only see a red x where Photos are supporsed to be? Im not very good with computers. Sorry to post Off Topic. Help. Went into browser and clicked anything about images and enabled. Thanks for any help.
you can go to the photo album- Go to the top of the right hand corner of the
page and click on it. then look under models you can see them there.
:wave:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts