Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought some of you would like to know that the Tijuana Taxi is now out. Picked mine up today.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
790 Posts
I can not decide if I am doing one of these, it pretty cool and I have several other Daniels cars, but I just don't know. I will get the Dragon Wagon as it was one of my favorites as a kid.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Apparently this kit is from original mold except for some newtooling of an extra chicken and stand.
Hooty is the detail crisp? not soft?

Randy

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Buzz--I'm at work now, but will check on the detail when I get home. Funny, I opened and looked at the parts, which are molded in orange plastic, but don't remember the detailing.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
well you can tell soft detailing, like on rommels rod, cause it was reverse engineered, TJ wasnt. I heard or read.Thanks Hooty.

Randy

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I looked at it and, to me, it looks pretty good. Not like any Tamiya model, but still a good kit. Didn't see a lot of flash on the trees either. Tell you what, I will post pics of the parts in a couple of days so that all can see. Sorry for the wait, but I still have one more night of work for the week and I needs my sleep.:thumbsup:

Hooty

·
Registered
8,879 Posts
It's too bad the driver from the box art was never included in the 1st place but now in such over sensitive days it probably would be considered raciest or something like that. I would like to see someone come up with a resin creation of that driver .....I think it makes the car more complete.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
.... but now in such over sensitive days it probably would be considered raciest or something like that. I would like to see someone come up with a resin creation of that driver .....I think it makes the car more complete.
I'm sure "Rommel's Rod" may have raised an Eyebrow or two but what the hey

·
Registered
8,879 Posts
Well with Rommel's rod there really never was anything that could be too offensive.
No swastika markings only the proper German Cross and the Skeleton's a baring only the typical helmet and officers cap. ...oh wait .... I stand corrected! the swastika is on the Afrika Korps tree on the decal sheet but not on the box art...hmmm...my original box is deep in boxes....was that changed on this release?

So wow....I guess there is one potential offensive thing with the Rommel's Rod kit.....but most see that as military History and do not get all hung up on it. You just don't want to be waving those kinds of symbols around or putting them on your letter heads....hehehehe.

I'm not really too sure that the driver on the taxi model box art is all that offensive after all.....its just a Spanish / Mexican dude in standard old time garb....no different as if it were a 1800's Cowboy along with a funky 'Round Up Roadster' like model kit idea.

My two cents anyways.

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
I glad they reissued this kit and for one reason is hate getting into a bidding war on ebay over it and manage to pick two of them up at my Local Hobbystore by me.:thumbsup:

·
Curmudgeon
6,638 Posts
I glad they reissued this kit and for one reason is hate getting into a bidding war on ebay over it and manage to pick two of them up at my Local Hobbystore by me.:thumbsup:
I feel the same way about bidding wars on Evilbay, which is why I usually use the "Buy It Now" option. I would give my business to the local hobby shop, but the nearest one is 25 miles away; not what I'd call "local". Besides, buying online (including shipping) is almost always less expensive than the not-so-local hobby shops considering what they're charging for kits these days, not to mention gas prices. I've waited 40 years for Revellogram to reissue this kit, I figure I can wait another week or two until it arrives. ;)

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Hi all,taxi arrived this morning. the kit is moulded from original moulds as stated before, the wood grain is crisp, the rope twine crisp, the styrene is not oily, high quailty,moulded in orange, the chrome is excellent,no flash or mould flaws ,I am so impress with this kit.I may get another one.The rooster detail is sharp and crisp.
This is my favorite Tom Daniel showrod, I regreted trading my original away 10 years ago, but I am happy to have it back.
Happy Modeling

Randy

1 - 18 of 18 Posts