Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Even though I consider myself primarely a Matchbox-collector, I'm not blind for the charm of vintage 1:43 and do pick these up when condition and price is right.
Here is the last haul:

Early version of the James Bond Aston Martin, one of the best selling models of all time! Not rare at all, but the box is nice!

Renault 16 (Tour De France). I love this model, originally there was a bicyclerider included, would love to find it!

Oldsmobile Super 88:

Corvette Sting Ray. Unfortunantly it's missing chrome on the bumpers (apparently it has peeled of the plastic at most models)

Cadillac Ambulance, some chips to the paint, but what the heck!

Triumph Herald Coupe, a little too play-worn for my taste, but still a lovely model!

Hope you enjoy!
Karl-E. Denmark

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Even if the casting is common, the box is not, and never cheap when it does turn up - what lovely artwork:thumbsup:
All fine castings - shame the Stingray has chrome issues , its all Corgi´s fault -trying to find one of these or a Lincoln Continental with factory chrome intact is very very difficult................

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Corvette Sting Ray. Unfortunantly it's missing chrome on the bumpers (apparently it has peeled of the plastic at most models)

Karl-E. Denmark
Karl-E: Great pics, thanks! I assume Corgi must have figured it out at some point (before 1969?) . All my Golden Jacks are fine, like:

310 Sting Ray 1963-67
262 Lincoln Continental 1967-1969
---
337 Sting Ray Stock Car #13 1967-69 [Has anyone seen bad examples?]
300 Sting Ray Goilden Jacks 1970-72

Karl

·
Registered
600 Posts
How 'bout a few more?
"Radio Luxembourg 208" Front Engine Dragster #170 (WhizzWheels)

"Quartermaster" Front Engine Dragster #162 (WhizzWheels)

Adams Bros. "Dragstar" #162 ? (WhizzWheels)

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
162 Quartermaster 1971-72
165 Adams Brothers 1972-74 -> Does your nose trigger still work?
170 Radio Luxembourg 1973-76

1 - 8 of 8 Posts