Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1. If you have a stuck tiller sprocket/pulley on your shaft, you have the screw off, but cant get the sprocket/pulley off, what is the best way?
2. can a gas tank "catch on fire"? my 3 hp when i shot some starting fluid in it (the carb was bad) and it accelerated to max, a wire from the magneto by the gas tank started sparking like heck , lucky that no gas was leaking at that time
3. what is the best way to remove a stripped screw from a gas tank? slothead screwdriver dont work
4. what is thebest way to remove a stuck plug from a 3hp head? tried oil, ect. its a short plug so i cant get a wrench set in it, and other tools dont work either
5. does MMO really help oil/gas? my carb (no diaphram) 2 hp engine dont like it, if i add it it wont want to start up unless i empty the tank and refill with plain gas
6. is a honda 3.5hp and a briggs 3.5 hp the same? or are the HP standards different
7. can a raptor carb be used on a 2/3 hp?
8. can you put a raptor cam in a 2/3hp?
9. can you put a 5hp racing head (milled, fireslot, ect) be used on a briggs 2/3 hp block?
10. how fast will a 3hp briggs run a 50-67LBS go cart frame?
11. can someone specify me a good HOT spark plug?
12. do the 5hp/raptor HOT coils actually produce better combustion?
13. how to remove those oval mufflers on briggs? the ones with alot of holes in them

ya some silly Qs but just nede some answers thanks for ANY help!!! :wave:

·
Registered
73 Posts
a little heat on that stuck pulley and that candle wax trick that bug man talked about should do the trick. yes a gas tank can catch fire. its the vapor that you have to be careful of. was it a phillips head screw to start with? did you have to file a slot in it? sometimes it works to set the tank on afirm surface,engage the screw driver in the slot and lightly tap the end of the screwdriver with a hammer while turning the screwdriver. you might need a helper to hold the tank firmly. you cannot get a socket on the spark plug? forgive my ignorance, what is this mmo i hear you guys talk about? as far as i know hp standards are the same wordwide. unless they have smaller horses in japan,lol as far as the racing stuff goes can't help you there. :wave:

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for everything, well the heat... a candle? and what is this wax thing? and yes it was a phillips head screw to start with., i bought the engine stone dead. replaced spark plug, gas tank, recoil shoud, oil caps , and it worked very well. the old one i just needed to see the condition of the tubes. the tank has been sitting for 10 years + with gas inside it. and mmo is Marvel's Mystery Oil. Its supposed to help oil and gas, cleap cylinder top, more life of rings, ect.

·
Registered
272 Posts
1. Heat with propane torch
2. Yes, always have a fire extinquisher close by.
3. Cut slot in screw head with Hacksaw blade
4. sparkplug socket, Put MMO around threads of sparkplug and let sit for a day before trying to remove.
5. Using too much MMO
6. Same
7. No
8. No
9. No
10. Depends on gearing
11. Stay with manufactures recommended plug, unless you want to burn a piston or valve.
12. No
13. Pipe wrench, large pair of channel locks, or strap wrench

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wow! thanks tommy =) ~! but i saw a older post somewhere that regular coils are around 2500 OHMs and HOT coils are 4000+ Ohms ??? (i dont think im saying that right)

THANKS ALOT! tommy

·
Registered
99 Posts
dynamite and new engines are about the same cost/price and risk buy a real torch and heat every thing to loosen anything called hot wrench

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
timbo said:
dynamite and new engines are about the same cost/price and risk buy a real torch and heat every thing to loosen anything called hot wrench

uhhh... dont get? and what is the candle trick? thanks...

·
Registered
99 Posts
once pulley/gear is removed from shaft clean with fine emery paper (sand paper) then melt some candel wax from any candle on the shaft coating it real well all the way around ,it will never stick again get it now ,?heat wrench thats a oxyegen /acetylene torch no shop is with out one, for heating to loosen rusted bolts /nuts or cutting with the cutting tip or brazing tip to heat those stubborn ovel mufflers found on briggs engines get the right tools to do the work or struggle with every thing you do the hard way clear now ??

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
superclear! THANKS! hmm... where can you buy these "hot wrenches">? and will any small engine repair shop have it? and the candle trick : how long with wax on it?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts