Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here are some of the projects I'm working on...

The first car is a Cobra for the T-Jet, the other 4 are AFX cars; a Tyco S Cheetah adapted to the AFX, something that looks like a Mach 5, a 71 Camaro which will have interchangable hoods (2 different L-88 hoods, a prostock hood and a Stinger hood) and a McLaren F1.

Dan

·
Banned
2,472 Posts
I hope the F1 is for the XT chassis, as it will be popular here in the UK once transferred to the Tomy chassis.

The other question is when will it be on sale?

·
Banned
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Montoya1 said:
I hope the F1 is for the XT chassis, as it will be popular here in the UK once transferred to the Tomy chassis.

The other question is when will it be on sale?
All the cars pictured except for the Cobra are AFX/X-Traction cars. Time frame is 3 to 6 months. Some of the projects are further along than others. The McLaren will be a street version. There will be an unpainted kit available to allow people to decorate as they like...

Dan

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
lenny said:
Here are some of the projects I'm working on...

The first car is a Cobra for the T-Jet, the other 4 are AFX cars; a Tyco S Cheetah adapted to the AFX, something that looks like a Mach 5, a 71 Camaro which will have interchangable hoods (2 different L-88 hoods, a prostock hood and a Stinger hood) and a McLaren F1.

Dan
Dan you will have to do the other TYCO S cars the Jag 2D and the Ferrari to go along with the Cheetah :)

Roger Corrie

·
Banned
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SCJ said:
Agreed....I have these converted now for personal use, but these would be great if Lenny did them!

Go Lenny go!

-------------------------
www.SlotCarJohnnies.com
You guys mean to do these for AFX, not T-Jet, right?

Johnny, I sent you a few emails in the past few days. Let me know if you got them.

Dan

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
hey, any plans for the Tyco S '65 Thunderbird? I think it'd be a good candidate for a Tjet body, it goes well with the Rivieras and Toronados and Galaxies and other year Tbirds...

--rick

·
Villain
4,632 Posts
If one tyco "s" car is reproduced it should be that black 1934 (?) pickup truck. I had one a long time ago, but no more, and their hard to find. would look sweet in red or navy blue.
If theres anyway I could help in getting that done with you Dan, drop me an email and we'll talk.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
lenny said:
You guys mean to do these for AFX, not T-Jet, right?

Johnny, I sent you a few emails in the past few days. Let me know if you got them.

Dan
Yes for the AFX. Like John I converted a couple. Never did find glass for the Ferrari :(

Roger Corrie

·
Banned
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
1976Cordoba said:
Anyone else think it's bogus that Dan has not posted close-up shots of these cars yet? ;)

'doba
Well, I guess I could set up a web cam and give you really grainy crappy shots of them. Would that make you happy?:rolleyes:

I post closeups of finished production cars that are ready for sale. These are projects I'm working on. Call them teasers if you like. Would a close up shot help you out in some way, or validate these projects for you, since you think these are bogus?

·
Premium Member
3,424 Posts
How about a LITTLE RED WAGON body with a nice chrome engine and side pipes

I;ve been costumizing a few resins and a few die casts of this body, but an AFX body would be awesome! Any of Tom Daniels body designs would also be a great choice.

·
Premium Member
4,341 Posts
videojimmy said:
How about a LITTLE RED WAGON body with a nice chrome engine and side pipes

I;ve been costumizing a few resins and a few die casts of this body, but an AFX body would be awesome! Any of Tom Daniels body designs would also be a great choice.
I would like a Little red wagon body also :thumbsup:

·
Geico ad . . . Offensive?
6,702 Posts
lenny said:
Well, I guess I could set up a web cam and give you really grainy crappy shots of them. Would that make you happy?:rolleyes:
Sure. It works for others.

lenny said:
Would a close up shot help you out in some way . . . ?
Yes -- I could see the cars better.

lenny said:
Would a close up shot . . . validate these projects for you, since you think these are bogus?
The only thing that is bogus is your inability to handle a little ribbing.
C H I L L O U T.
:lol:

'doba

1 - 20 of 21 Posts