Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Now don't get me wrong, they were nice outfits and all. I'm just hoping this doesn't become a regular thing. I'd hate it if Wonderfest turned into a weekend of fans running up and down the halls playing lazer tag in costume. I think that is a road we don't need to go down... I hope they can keep the focus on the models and leave the costume thing to the other sci-fi conventions. I like to bring the family to the show as well and it's only a small step to having half naked scream queens lurking in the halls. I have nothing against half naked women mind you, it's just that Wonderfest has tried to be family friendly and I'd hate to see that change.

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
I don't think that will be a problem.

I have been to 3 of these now, and every year there are a handfull of people dressed. It is kind of cool, but I don't think it will get out of hand.
I remember one year (last year maybe?) the Ghostbusters were there.
I'm not positive, but I don't really think WF encourages the dressing up. They don't discourage it either. If someone wants to do it, ok for them. But with what WF is all about, I don't think it will get out of hand.
Unlike some of the other shows, WF is first and foremost about the kits.

·
Registered
721 Posts
"To be like the Hu-man, to think like the Hu-man."

No one else has mentioned the Robot Monster walking
around!

Edge

·
Registered
798 Posts
I saw the Robot Monster walking around as well and saw Bob Burns give it a cute reaction. I'm surprised they didn't shoot any pictures with each other. Or maybe they did and I just didn't see it.

·
Oxidation Genius
31,220 Posts
You know what they say - if you remember Wonderfest, you weren't there.

·
Registered
232 Posts
woof359 said:
the week end went so fast it was a blurrrrrrr, McBriggs was there??? when, where????
I was there for the entire weekend pratically in your back pocket woof,:). You really should read the name tags we all wear.

·
Never lost for words
2,123 Posts
MCBriggsIII said:
You really should read the name tags we all wear.
Next year - bright fluorescent orange Cult t-shirts monogrammed with our board names in 4 inch high letters?

Jim

·
Registered
124 Posts
Arronax said:
Next year - bright fluorescent orange Cult t-shirts monogrammed with our board names in 4 inch high letters?
Jim
That would to do nicely, thank you. My eyes aren't what they used to be.

Better yet, put it in that green color of the Wonderfest t-shirts from this year. Am I the only one who liked that green color? I went to buy a wonderfest shirt, and when they told me the green ones were only for the kids I was so disappointed that I didn't buy anything from them at all. As I turned away from the table, I heard a lot of other moaning going on. Bad move by the folks selling the shirts.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts