Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stopped into a local hobby shop and ended up picking up a bunch of loose cars for 50 cents each.

First,here's a few older cars. Blue Jaguar XJS,"T-Totaller",a Stutz Blackhawk I don't have,a Sweet Sixteen,and a Porsche 924.

Also I got some more recent cars. Didn't have the UNO baja bug yet,the UH ford woody was too neat to pass up,and I didn't have the ram or the forklift (I want to make a junkyard diorama eventually). Also was able to fill a lot of holes in my rigor motor collection,and the funny thing is I was looking at some of them on evilbay last night,but decided to hold off on them.

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
Nice stuff. That Sweet Sixteen looks like one that was in an Avon Holiday set a few years back with a Passion and either a red baron or vicky.

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
FLOYDFROG said:
Nice finds! Need to find that Baja Bug. I had no idea HW made a forklift :confused: :thumbsup:
Yes, there was at least 3 different forklifts. A blue and white one, a yellow and black one, and the red one pictured.

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
MoparNut360 said:
Cool,I didn't realize it was that recent. I was thinking it was at least from the 80's.
The way it looks, once it's loose, it's hard to tell except for the decals on the paint are a giveaway. Older castings were tampo free. I have the KB set from a few years ago with the blue and gold repaints. I believe one had redline tires to make it look more original.

·
Registered
10,573 Posts
CTWLSMIKE said:
Yep, was a TRU exclusive 4 car set I believe. :thumbsup:
You are correct,along with the BARBIE Mustang that you LOVED!!!! :thumbsup: :tongue: Those are some killer HW you showed in the first pic. great finds!!!

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Your blue Jaguar looks excellent. I didn't know Mattel made that one.

On the other hand, I found the orange car a bit difficult to recognize as a Porsche 924. It looks like it has a '68 Camaro belt line from here!

The Stutz is a cool one to have, too. I have a black one with blue/red pin stripes, but it's a bit battered, but it was the right price, free!

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Tone said:
Your blue Jaguar looks excellent. I didn't know Mattel made that one.

On the other hand, I found the orange car a bit difficult to recognize as a Porsche 924. It looks like it has a '68 Camaro belt line from here!

The Stutz is a cool one to have, too. I have a black one with blue/red pin stripes, but it's a bit battered, but it was the right price, free!
I've actually been looking for a decent XJS for a while,I have one but it's pretty beat up.

As for the orange porsche,I couldn't tell what it was at first either,until I picked it up and had a closer look at it. The Stutz is one of my favorite HW castings,but other than the brown one I only have a gray one and the more recent one from the tattoo(?) series a few years ago.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts