Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Went basement hunting and found these stored in an old matchbox storage case i had when I was a kid. Amazing what i had a never realized just how cool they are. Well I know now:thumbsup:

·
Registered
763 Posts
The orange vehicle is called Vantastic. Lesney (who owned Matchbox at the time) made a lot of fantasy vehicles during the 1970s. Some were completely made up in house, whereas others were based off real vehicles they recreated in miniature. This is the latter. In 1972, they released the Boss Mustang in yellow with a black hood. This was based on that model, but they created a wagon look to the vehicle and released it in 1975. It only ever appeared in the basic range in orange, but some can be found with unpainted bases, and there are a number of label variations to look for (both with and without engines).

:) :D :p

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The orange vehicle is called Vantastic. Lesney (who owned Matchbox at the time) made a lot of fantasy vehicles during the 1970s. Some were completely made up in house, whereas others were based off real vehicles they recreated in miniature. This is the latter. In 1972, they released the Boss Mustang in yellow with a black hood. This was based on that model, but they created a wagon look to the vehicle and released it in 1975. It only ever appeared in the basic range in orange, but some can be found with unpainted bases, and there are a number of label variations to look for (both with and without engines).

:) :D :p
Thats more info then I could have ever hoped to add lol. All I know is they are all dated 1975. Thanks for the info David.:thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts