Hobbyist Forums banner

(Some of the) many uses of Aves Epoxy putties

2K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Ole Weird Wade 
#1 ·
#5 ·
I've never used Aves but I have used Magic Sculpt from Magic-Sculpt Brown and it seems every once in a blue moon--no fault of the compound which is excellent when properly mixed--I'll either forget to put the hardener in or don't put the proper amount in or something and have to scrape it off and do it again.

#6 ·
I've never used Aves but I have used Magic Sculpt from Magic-Sculpt Brown and it seems every once in a blue moon--no fault of the compound which is excellent when properly mixed--I'll either forget to put the hardener in or don't put the proper amount in or something and have to scrape it off and do it again.
That can happen with AVES too if you don’t get the 50/50 mix ratio right or get them uniformly mixed. I find rolling each part (A and B) into a same size ball before mixing helps. Then to make sure they are mixed well I roll them into ”worms” then twist the worms together lengthwise before kneading the mixed putty for a few minutes.

#10 ·
I just finished posting a article I've written on some of my recent usages of Aves products.
Interesting and enlightening stuff. I especially appreciated your links to other modeling articles; I'll browse through those when I get the time (if ever). May I suggest that you use a different, easier to read font on your site? I found it difficult to decipher. Thanks for sharing.

#14 ·
I've been using Aves for a pretty non-standard use I haven't heard of anyone else doing-- as a casting resin. This is just for smaller parts, of course. After making a mold with the reusable mold bars (sold on Amazon as "Hinodewashi Oyumaru-kun 1000"), I simply mix some Aves up and press it into the bottom mold half, then press on the top half. It does usually take me a few shots to get the part I want, but the quality is very good if the part is thick enough. I did find it can be a bit too fragile for finer wire-like parts. This method is fast and not nearly as messy as casting liquid resin, though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.