Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just want to show you how our local (Philippines) swapmeet looks like here

as posted in our local www.DCPH.info website

We had another funfilled swapmeet held at a different venue this time, it was held at 'the pavilion', north greenhills subd, it is suppose to start at 4pm till 8 pm.
the venue:

as usual, the place was packed as early as 2pm:

the people:

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
we had the gravity race handled by boy mariano:

the winners:

and the aniticipated raffle prizes: prizes donated by JS Philippines (jada),henri kroeze, alek, rollie, amihan, ivana, d builder, garki, atty frank

some of the winners:

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
What a great time you guys looked to have! I wish SO BADLY we could do something like that here in the states, well, more like here in my town! It's neat to see that toy car lovers are the same all over the world! Thanks for the pics. You in any?

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
You are lucky, our club had to cancel its April meeting this morning because of foul weather.

Were there any toys from the 60s? Or toys made in the Philippines (such as jeep jitney) ?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Well, I don't much care for those Dubs & Hot Wheels but it is absolutely a pleasure to see that people in other countries are enjoying model cars and cars. I don't feel so gloomy about those Algore types and their attacks on automobiles when I know that there are car nuts in your country too. Enjoy your models, your cars and drive a V-8 on the upcoming "Earth Day". - ranchero -

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

i am the one standing in the picture...

i would like to thank Henri Kroeze here also for his generous donation for some of our raffle prizes.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Tone said:
You are lucky, our club had to cancel its April meeting this morning because of foul weather.

Were there any toys from the 60s? Or toys made in the Philippines (such as jeep jitney) ?
yes there are plenty of jeepney being sold here at the dept. store but made from China.

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
I've sold some JLs to a guy that lives in the Phillipines (he has family here) for reselling at a swap meet there so it's probably the same place.
Thanks for the pictures.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
rlyoung1 said:
I've sold some JLs to a guy that lives in the Phillipines (he has family here) for reselling at a swap meet there so it's probably the same place.
Thanks for the pictures.
what 's his name maybe he is in the picture haha!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts