Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so here's a few customs i have done, i will list what was done before picture. hope you enjoy and maybe even get some inspiration.

first up is a simple wheel swap.

next up is another simple wheel swap with some detailing done to the exterior and interior...

http://photos.hobbytalk.com/data/508/medium/100_12072.JPG

this one was a bigger job, wheel swap and lowered had to grind down a bunch of the chassis for it to roll as well.. this ram was way too tall imo and the wheels were the most hideous things ever. casting and detail is good minus no interior aaah maisto!.

next up is the larry's garage ford. no swapping of wheels but did a repaint which is my own method of what i call glossy wrinkle finish, removed front and rear bumpers and repainted wheels. going to do more work to this one, probably headers that come out side of hood and down through fender and side pipes. have one header made already.

last one up is a fully polished 86 monte carlo SS.

hope you all enjoy!

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ty bud, didnt take too long to get cars like this dont take too much time i just start with a normal wire wheel on the dremel then go to 2,000 grit wet sand paper then 0000 steel wool then some mothers mag and aluminum polish on a felt dremel wheel then i use meguiars all metal polish on a microfiber to remove the "buffer trails" from using the dremel and mag+aluminum polish and it has some sort of either polymer sealant or carnauba wax in it which protects from turning back into raw zamac easily.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
that monte was a fun car to do, then again i love to polish paint and metal!..heck every car i buy i check the condition of the paint and if its not shiny has to be polished! lol but yeah it is amazing what just a wheel swap does to those maisto's now the monte carlo is a maisto and the interior detail is great steering wheel even has holes in it and nice wheels and tires(although the tires were way too sunk in to the chassis. anyways, i got another diorama being built as well... also forgot to add, its amazing at how much detail can be hidden by paint. the monte when i bought it the paint covered up most of the grill and a bunch of other detail...found it neat its almost like finding a dirt clod and inside is a nice gold coin.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts