Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
I'm in for the Hawk and Grissom. I wish they had gone for an OT subject for their 1st kit, as I'm not interested in Disney wars.

·
Registered
5,791 Posts
It was nice to hear from Jamie that they are actively pursuing the Reliant in 1/350 scale if they can secure access to the studio miniature and/or accurate dimensions from possible leads provided by Rick Sternbach and Daren Dochterman at the show. It would be great to see that materialize next year for the 40th anniversary of the film. I also look forward to the 2022 release of the Galileo shuttlecraft interior kit, although I have already designed and 3D printed out my own chairs, console, and wall-mounted computers for building my own interiors.

I'm looking forward to the 1/350 Grissom. I have the 1/537 Sci-Fi vacuform model from decades back to go with the AMT 1701 refit and Reliant. This one looks great and will be a welcome addition to the 1/350 line.

The 1/48 Space 1999 Hawk looks fantastic. I couldn't tell if it has the laser emitter that was absent from the 1/72 kit, but that is easy enough to make in that scale, so I can do it again 50% bigger if I need to. That now only leaves the Ultra Probe, Swift, and Meta Probe in whatever scale they end up releasing them in.

I sure hope that most people in attendance voted for the 1/24 "studio scale" fighters for upcoming Star Wars kits. It would be fun to see those in styrene, shelf space be damned!

·
Registered
627 Posts
I haven't been able to find any other info, and I have been looking. No sign that Pegasus Hobbies/Mobieus were there.

·
Oxidation Genius
31,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
:oops:

Is there anything you can summarize for us? I can't sit in my computer chair staring at 1 video that long.

·
Registered
76 Posts
:oops:

Is there anything you can summarize for us? I can't sit in my computer chair staring at 1 video that long.
John P, here's a picture of some of the new parts for the old MPC Millenium Falcon. Jamie mentioned that the detail for the clear exhaust pieces will be molded on the inside. He also showed the Grissom and Hawk prototypes, and made sure to show off the detail on the underside of the Grissom and the greeblie detail on the inner sides of the pylons. He also mentioned that the Wacky Racer kits were the surprise hit of the show.

·
Administrator
35,158 Posts
If you break up your viewing time into smaller chunks it still takes the same time but a few days of 5 to 10 or 15 minutes at a time is more managable for the longer videos.

I may just watch one segment or model review and come back for the next one later.

Reactions: StarshipClass
1 - 20 of 26 Posts