Vitesse Spitfire Mk IV

Vitesse GT6 Mk III

:wave:

Steve

·
Premium Member
14,755 Posts
Nice Triumph collection Steve! :thumbsup:

I've been looking at a Spark TR4, but it isn't like your red Spark TR4. The TR4 I'm looking at is black and doesn't have the rear window like yours.

Are the windshield wipers metal on the Spark TR4?

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
STUTZ said:
Nice Triumph collection Steve! :thumbsup:

I've been looking at a Spark TR4, but it isn't like your red Spark TR4. The TR4 I'm looking at is black and doesn't have the rear window like yours.

Are the windshield wipers metal on the Spark TR4?
Thanks Stutz, the windscreen wipers on the TR4 are photoetched parts.

Steve

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
Those are some nice examples. Really like the GT-6.

That "7" still brings back bad memories of disatisfied customers. Ya can't sculpt a masterpiece out of crap! Ya still have crap when your done. We had one guy that we worked on his 912 Porsche who bought a TR-7 brand new. He never got it more than 50 miles from home without it being towed back. EI problems.....The head lamps quit working at about 150 miles and a head gasket went at less than 3000. He took it back before 5000. Actually can't ever recall a happy TR-7 owner......Any out there to stand up for the breed?

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The one story that stands out about the TR7, was Giugiaro's (I think) reaction on seeing it for the first time. After looking at the swage line down one flank, he walked around the car and excalimed "Oh no, they've done it on this side as well!".

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Superbird77 said:
You really have a broad selection of manufacturers....I really enjoy watching these models! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Thanks, there are about 140 marques in the collection, from AC to Zuendapp!

:)

Steve

·
Registered
343 Posts

Here's the TR-5 (TR-250 in USA) I've been thinking about. Norev # 144. Does it look warped? It is; it is plastic. The later Eligor versions may have been die cast or resin; I'm not sure. Though it looks like a TR-4, there is a TR-5 logo cast into the lower left side of the hood ("bonnett?) and a "2500" logo cast into the right quarter panel ("rear wing?"). - ranchero -

1 - 10 of 10 Posts