Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the cord I was so stoked to get

This super minty hebby chebby. Just needs to have some wheels with chrome put back on. Not bad for $16

A nice sub $10 custom mustang

I think this was $8 which was awesome for an untouched odd job

Light her up.

Got a few more to get some pics of like some evil weevils, custom vettes and a few other goodies I picked up.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
You are on a roll buddy..... Keep getting em as the market is great right now for open loose Redlines.... Its the sealed ones that people want a million dollars for :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
some nice ones there! and you were right, those 2 reds you sent is making me crave more of them LOL hence the one i stole last night...

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah that's where the addiction gets bad when you start stealing them for less than a nostalgia car knowing that when the market goes back up that car would demand 10-20 x more. Get them now while they're cheap. My collection has already grown over 100 approaching 150 buly the time everything I've bought arrives. It all started with a single Deora RAOK. Lol.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Yeah that's where the addiction gets bad when you start stealing them for less than a nostalgia car knowing that when the market goes back up that car would demand 10-20 x more. Get them now while they're cheap. My collection has already grown over 100 approaching 150 buly the time everything I've bought arrives. It all started with a single Deora RAOK. Lol.
Easy to get the Redline Bug but always becareful for the fakes when dropping crazy amount of cash.... Know what you are buying before you start bidding $200+....

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
i seen a weird red baron last night, the front rived looked like it had another one right beside it ... i found the picture of it looked really odd so i did not bid...

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That seems to be fairly common. I think when they went to spin the rivet, they missed th first time. I've seen that on a lot of 100 percent untouched original cars.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Easy to get the Redline Bug but always becareful for the fakes when dropping crazy amount of cash.... Know what you are buying before you start bidding $200+....
Yeah I am always Leary of perfect cars without any toning and don't touch em and am learning which rare cars have reproduced etc. 200 is insane money. I'm still at point where 40-50 is crazy money. Be a while before I find something I have to have bad e nought to pay even $100 for. Ill stick with keeping my ceiling at $50 for something super clean and collectible. The deals are there so as long as you're patient and careful you'll find it.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
i seen a weird red baron last night, the front rived looked like it had another one right beside it ... i found the picture of it looked really odd so i did not bid...
I wouldn't be afraid of that looking rivet, as when people drill stuff out it leaves a full circle. Just the outer circle like that looks to be a factory defect as mentioned.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Nice finds there Messer, careful pulling those shoes off the Hebby Chebby and with any hong kong castings, the axles are thinner than the US axles and are more susceptible at pulling the "bearing" off along with the wheel. The ball-tips of the hong kong axles are small and can slip right through the bearing, especially if the wheel is real snug to begin with, good luck... :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts