Hobbyist Forums banner

some more customs and wheel swaps.

3K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  opie_7afe 
#1 ·
got done with a few more to show you all. i think i will just keep uploading new customs to this thread to keep them all in one place. but hope you enjoy looking at em.

heres the new recolor of the 62 chevy truck with the interior painted tan, bed painted flat black, detailed, wheel swapped and some exhaust tips.

here is the hot ones CRX that DadsCoronet RAOK'd to me. it got repainted and that horrible chrome removed inside and out. then got detailed and a simple wheel swap.

this is another raok item from DadsCoronet it was a white chipping lamborhini countach casting was made in 1982. this beauty got painted, pillars fixed,detailed and a wheel swap.

i recently got the rereleased f150 and wanted to do a little something to it. i removed tampos. tried a random idea to make the bed look like it got a spray in bedliner like line-x or whatever. then clearcoated it as i dont like matte paint too much. then got a wheel swap.

continued..

See less See more
#2 ·
next up is the 2013 release of the nissan titan, i just detailed and did a wheel swap on this one...

this one is a 1982 casting of a '82 datsun 200sx i got from messer as an RAOK, had an opening hood and had some ideas run though my head. repainted, detailed, wheel swapped, and did some engine modifications and detailing, some nice individual throttle body flutes and some plug wires and a "distributor". need to apply some paint under the hood but she is done.

here is a 1970 vw bus from the new matchbox 5packs. this got lowered, wheel swap, repaint, detailed, and the little roof got a brushed aluminum effect done to it, first time attempting the effect.

#5 ·
the track surface is a base of wall spackle and i used some foam tape to get the height and keep everything level then painted it and dusted sand over the surface then painted with primer, then used some graphite for the tire marks. the curbing is just the foam center of the foam boards that i made slices in and painted it. the fence is window screen and walls are foam board as well.

#7 ·
not a problem john...if you need any help feel free to pm and i will try my best...basically when you make the curbing you need to flatten the foam to make it not as thin. and do vertical slices like your cutting individual blocks but cut maybe 2mm from the edge so it will flex without creasing up.kind of hard to explain but a simple process...i need to regrass the thing though as the color of the grass is way off...but that was the stuff i made myself using a foam buffing pad and my dremel sanding wheel. i did make a static grass applicator from a electric fly swatter that im going to use for my rally car dio when i find/buy some tree armatures...if anyone does model train stuff and has some 3/4"-3" deciduous tree armatures i will trade some castings for em.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.