Hobbyist Forums banner
  • If you've ever been interested in the history of Zee Toys or Maisto over the course of the 80s, 90s and into the modern day, you should come over to the Hobbytalk Ask Me Anything with Chepp, now live and running until Thursday, September 23rd! Don't miss out! You can ask your questions here!
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i'm new here, and i want to show you some items of my collection, and somne manually modified models by me, hope you will like it!
All models are in 1:64 scale.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Very nice collection.
As I know the Minichamps Bentley Azure was not released convertible, Did you bash it cutting the roof ?

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,828 Posts
Very nice collection.
As I know the Minichamps Bentley Azure was not released convertible, Did you bash it cutting the roof ?
The Azure is only a convertible as far as I know. Are you referring to the Brooklands being chopped? The problem with that is the base saying Azure. I know the Azure was on the list for production. Maybe this is one that somehow got out of the factory. Great score if that is the case

On the other hand the reardeck lid cuts look too square and not as rounded as the real car. Also the rear interior panels don't look quite right. I wish we could see behind the back seats a bit better

·
7,828 Posts
After looking at the diecast Brooklands and pictures of the real car I have to agree with you guys that this is not an Azure.

If you look at a real Azure and line up the rear wheelwell with the edge of the top trunklid the real cars line up real close with the wheelwell maybe even extending a little farther. If you look at the Brooklands diecast the rear decklid is obviously farther back than the wheelwell exactly as the pictured car here is.
I think if this is a custom it is pretty cool and I wouldn't say no to one. The black base with the name Azure is still an interesting twist. Definitely a mystery for Scoobie Do

·
Registered
994 Posts
After looking at the diecast Brooklands and pictures of the real car I have to agree with you guys that this is not an Azure.

If you look at a real Azure and line up the rear wheelwell with the edge of the top trunklid the real cars line up real close with the wheelwell maybe even extending a little farther. If you look at the Brooklands diecast the rear decklid is obviously farther back than the wheelwell exactly as the pictured car here is.
I think if this is a custom it is pretty cool and I wouldn't say no to one. The black base with the name Azure is still an interesting twist. Definitely a mystery for Scoobie Do
It's a custom: if you look closely you can kind of tell where the roof has been chopped (paint looks a little bit uneven). Also, the fact that this convertible does not have a retracted top is another hint.

Awesome job though.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It was a brooklands, i cutted the roof, and repainted it, so it should look like a azure, it was just for fun, and i like it.

now i'm working to modify a DBS, 458, F430 and a Cayenne, when i will finish, i will show them.

·
7,828 Posts
I was hoping it was one of the Azures that was supposed to be released and has a great time investigating it. Good work overall and I love the lettering you did on the base

·
Registered
170 Posts

oops, sorry. It was my fault.
I meant Brooklands but I wrote Azure by mistake, but anyway is a great custom.

·
7,828 Posts
Yeah after I posted and looked at Brooklands I figured that was what you were referring to. This post makes me wish those scheduled cars would have been released.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts