Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My step daughter is in town and brought with her a few samples of a case of die cast cars and trucks that her boyfriend and her found in the basement of their apartment building. She has asked me to see if I can sell them for her

Here is one of the items.

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What a great find for your step-daughter:thumbsup:.... What are you looking to get for the coach?

I am open right now. I have seen them going in England for 300.00 U.S. but I have not really decided. I wont keep any of the money from the sales it will all go to her and her boyfriend.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
That's a great find Dave

Deal breaker is .... Does it still work with batteries ???? I know a Toy that doesn't work will fetch for maybe 1/2 of what it would go for if it worked. Those terminals look a little rusty where the Batt goes.... Let us know what happens when you put a Batt inside it.

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's a great find Dave

Deal breaker is .... Does it still work with batteries ???? I know a Toy that doesn't work will fetch for maybe 1/2 of what it would go for if it worked. Those terminals look a little rusty where the Batt goes.... Let us know what happens when you put a Batt inside it.

good point and I checked the lights do not work with the battery in. But it might just be a connection and I see the corrosion that you were talking about bro.

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice Vega! :)

That's realy quite an amazing rig...WOW!

If there are any old Lesneys available lemme know!

At this time I don't know if there are any Lesneys available. But I will let you know. I will ask her to go through the box when she gets home and send them to me if there are.

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
One of the other items that she brought with her is this Siku Super-Seriez zinkguss which the box says that it is made in Germany. V 220 Tempo-Matador-Bus.

This weekend I will post some better pictures of all the cars she brought with her.

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
Very cool Dave... I'm sure that battery thing can be fixed... I have restored and fixed many in alot worse shape than that... Best of luck to ya all !!!

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Very cool Dave... I'm sure that battery thing can be fixed... I have restored and fixed many in alot worse shape than that... Best of luck to ya all !!!

Thanks Steve I plan on taking a better look at the switch this weekend when I have more time.

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
What great finds, but it´s a shame...

...both Sikus seem to seriously suffer from zinc pest (base plate + bumpers). :(

Basements just aren´t the right place for storing vintage toys... :drunk:

Anyway: Thanks for sharing - never seen that cool Dinky bus before!

Greetings from Germany,

Claus

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
Great items to see

I was going to make a similar comment to Claus's. It looks like the dampness interacted with the base metal. My question is to the restorers out there: is there a way to "refresh" that metal, abating the corrosion?

These toys don't look like they have much playwear. I wonder how long they have been sitting idle? They definitely need good loving homes! :)

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
We are not sure how long but the guy who owned them was elderly and had no family and the cars had been there at least 14 years. So I have no clue. I also have no clue about restoring them I thought about taking them to the toy shack and seeing if Johnny can give me some clue when I go on vacation later this month.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts