Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
K-Mart had these remaining 1/64 scale Wave 16 Jada Dub City models on closeout for a couple of bucks each. There was only one BigTime Muscle left and that white 'Vette is my favorite, along with the Dub City yellow Corvette and the Chrysler Imperial Concept (even though it is an ugly car, it is uniquely cool that a diecast model was made of it).

The black Mercedes Benz S550 seems to be HTF. I couldn't even locate it on the Jada website!

Thanks for looking....

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Nice finds.....My Kmart has these marked at $3.99 original selling price and are in the clearance bins ....lmao....When they get dropped down to $1 - $1.50 I will buy them for Kustoms...

·
Registered
927 Posts
I bought a few of the custom tow truck versions on markdown.
They were $1.65 for the tow truck and car.
Bought two of them.
When home, grabbed more money, and when back, and the rest were gone.
Seems (according to the cashier) that collector's buy them, and turn them into Wal-Mart for full price trade value.
Man, what a waste!

George :cool:

·
Registered
423 Posts
Seems (according to the cashier) that collector's buy them, and turn them into Wal-Mart for full price trade value.
Man, what a waste!

So they're saying they buy them at KMart and then sell them back to Walmart? How much can they possibly make by doing that?

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
These Wave 16 Dub City Cars shouldn't ring up at Walmart as none of the Walmarts I went too never carried that Wave .... If they did refund them, what's Walmart giving them $1.35 ea profit??? .... Hold me back .... LOL

·
Registered
927 Posts
Sorry guys,
They were buying the Auto tow trucks with a car, for $1.69, and returning them to Wal-Mart for $6.49 gift card money for each one.
I just posted this, as KMart had a huge markdown, like the dub cars.
Also, my Kmart has the older series of the Dubs, never the new set.
The Dodge Magnums as taxis and such.
People will do anything for a buck. ;)

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
I personally love when a scum bag HW Collector will buy the Mystery Cars and go home to carefully open them up to get the Car out and then reglue it after he replaces a old beat up Car from his kids toy box to do a return .... Now that is a waste of time for a $1 .... This tactic only makes us Collectors look bad from a few A-Holes .... I got in a guys face before when all he was doing was opening up the Mystery packs in the Store and leaving them when he couldn't find the Car he was after .... Another low lifer who ruins it for others .... These are the type of people who make our economy the way it is with high prices for simple store products .... Theft - Bad returns like above Mystery Cars and damaging products so they can't be sold make this world the way it is .... Where is the rights to bare arms to shoot dumb people ??? Line em up .... LMAO

1 - 12 of 12 Posts