Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just wanted to show how quick some of these cars are.
This was a match held during a recent race held on my track. The light green 55 Chevy gasser is powered by an AFX magnatraction chassis. It is 15 mph faster and 1 second quicker than a stock AFX car. The darker green 55 is running a BSRT inline chassis.
The latter is highly modified and holds both ends of the track record. It has beaten the times shown and is running at only 20V.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You are welcome. I have had several organized proxy races on the track with good success.
Many are amazed at how fast these cars run. I have heard of speeds of well over 100 mph on a 21', or full 1/4 mile, track in under .2 of a second.
They ran two industrial batteries with a commercial charger pushing around 30V with a lot of amps available. Some of the motors would explode running that fast.>:)
I have the power supplies but not the stopping room to run faster.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This kind of racing can become addictive as you can see by what I have been doing. I think your customers will find it is a lot of fun and reaction time is critical with cars as fast as these are. My setup can even run bracket races which allow a driver to put in a time they think the car can run. You cannot run under that time or you break out and lose the race.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Length of the track is 15' 7.5" or a scale 1/64 1000'. There is a 3' steel stop strip on each lane + dynamic braking and a catch box.
Question; My track table length is the Same. What does that = to in mileage
also table is 4ft. wide... what would 15' 7.5 X 4' come out to in HO scales
(1/64 & 1/72) ???
also, could you list a math formula for this in; 1/64, 1/72 (Aurora/DASH T-Jet) 1/43 & 1/32 Please ?? :confused:

BIG Thanks :wink2:

Bubba 123

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.