Hobbyist Forums banner
  • If you've ever been interested in the history of Zee Toys or Maisto over the course of the 80s, 90s and into the modern day, you should come over to the Hobbytalk Ask Me Anything with Chepp going live on Tuesday, September 21st and running until Thursday, September 23rd. Don't miss out! You can ask your questions here!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just wanted to show how quick some of these cars are.
This was a match held during a recent race held on my track. The light green 55 Chevy gasser is powered by an AFX magnatraction chassis. It is 15 mph faster and 1 second quicker than a stock AFX car. The darker green 55 is running a BSRT inline chassis.
The latter is highly modified and holds both ends of the track record. It has beaten the times shown and is running at only 20V.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Length of the track is 15' 7.5" or a scale 1/64 1000'. There is a 3' steel stop strip on each lane + dynamic braking and a catch box.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You are welcome. I have had several organized proxy races on the track with good success.
Many are amazed at how fast these cars run. I have heard of speeds of well over 100 mph on a 21', or full 1/4 mile, track in under .2 of a second.
They ran two industrial batteries with a commercial charger pushing around 30V with a lot of amps available. Some of the motors would explode running that fast.>:)
I have the power supplies but not the stopping room to run faster.

·
Registered
45 Posts
That's pretty cool. I'm starting a Wed night race at my pub the first Wed of Aug. I'm still looking at getting the extra timing lights we talked about. I'll learn as I go.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This kind of racing can become addictive as you can see by what I have been doing. I think your customers will find it is a lot of fun and reaction time is critical with cars as fast as these are. My setup can even run bracket races which allow a driver to put in a time they think the car can run. You cannot run under that time or you break out and lose the race.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Length of the track is 15' 7.5" or a scale 1/64 1000'. There is a 3' steel stop strip on each lane + dynamic braking and a catch box.
Question; My track table length is the Same. What does that = to in mileage
also table is 4ft. wide... what would 15' 7.5 X 4' come out to in HO scales
(1/64 & 1/72) ???
also, could you list a math formula for this in; 1/64, 1/72 (Aurora/DASH T-Jet) 1/43 & 1/32 Please ?? :confused:

BIG Thanks :wink2:

Bubba 123

·
BANNED
8,262 Posts
a mile is 5280 feet
divide the scale by that to determine scale mile.
a quarter mile is 1320 feet
1320/64 = 20.625 feet
20' 7.5" is a scale 1/64 quarter mile.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Al has it right.
15' 7.5" is a scale 1000' in 1/64. In 1/72 a 1/4 mile or 1320 comes out to 18.33'.

Just divide the scale into 1320 and you get the length in feet for each scale 1/4.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts