Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
ships

If you look closely those are very small 1/3700 ships not the 16.5" length he is advertising, and has the nerve to charge 180.00? Come on folks, keep alert!

·
Starship Class
12,056 Posts
modelsj said:
If you look closely those are very small 1/3700 ships not the 16.5" length he is advertising, and has the nerve to charge 180.00? Come on folks, keep alert!
There's nothing in the catalog advertisement to indicate that. :confused:

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Based on the space suits this looks like a high-end company that has lots of neat stuff that can't be found elsewhere - like the suits.

The other stuff seems to be theme related to their can't-find-elsewhere stuff they probably sell as add ons to their well-heeled customers who are renting/buying their rarer merchandise.

Somebody with the cash to buy or rent their suits, for example, isn't going to sweat the fact that they may be charging $70 bucks instead of $50 for a PL 350th Refit.

I get the impression that their products and services aren't aimed at those doing a lot of pricing research on their cheaper stuff.

That being said, they do have a ton of really neat stuff. I just wouldn't buy some of the stuff from them that is commonly available much cheaper.

Again, though. Most of the people they seem to be targeting their marketing towards aren't going to sweat the pricing on the small stuff.

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
modelsj said:
Three things:

1) There's nothing that indicates your claim.

2) It's advertised as 16" long by 7.5" wide, not 16.5" as you claim.

3) It's advertised as $189.95, not $180.

It also doesn't look anywhere near like it's only about 2 1/2" long, as you're trying to claim w/your 1/3700 comment.

Are those items a bit pricey? For my pocket, sure. However, if you don't like what they've got to offer, don't buy it. There's no need to rip in to them. You also might want to make sure that your facts are straight before you make such attacks.

·
Starship Class
12,056 Posts
Caution never hurts--"Buyer beware!" and all that--but, as Griff said, and I agree, let's stay calm and take them at face value unless we can back up our claims to the contrary. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts