Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Racing Champions 1964 Galaxie two door hardtop for NASCAR. Many variations of this casting were issued around 1992 or so.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

This is French Dinky # 1402 - a '66 Galaxie 500 four door hardtop. Rather an odd subject for this firm to make (released in 1967).

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
But then, maybe when Dinky/France figured out that they needed a big American car to make all their new features easy to incorporate in a 1/43 scale model, the Galaxie made sense as the subject.

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
I think you will make Galaxieman's day with this thread ranchero! :p

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Love that '59 Skyliner! My uncle had one in coral & white, but he only put the top down a couple of times a year because he was afraid that it wouldn't go back up! (It never failed, so I don't know why he was so worried. Plus I think it had a manual top mechanism anyway. Oh, well - he traded it for '64 coupe.)

I've been hoping for a 1/64 version forever, too. Plus your Dinky Galaxie is uber-desirable, especially with all of those cool features. I love 4dr pillarless Hardtops - I wish they still made new ones. Thanks for the great pics!

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
Was always a fan (I've owned a few through the years) of the Ford Galaxies. Not that the thread is resurrected - let's see more!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Great collection - the French Dinky one is hard to find in such nice complete condition. There was going to be a police version too, but the company went out of business before it could be issued. They also did the '69 Thunderbird.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts