Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
one word: OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
plankowner said:
Very nice! Tell us more about the diorama scene with the Ferrari hitting the water. Number 26 I believe.
It's of the 1955 Monte Carlo GP where Ascari crashed at a chicane sending him straight into the port of Monaco, through hay bales and sandbags. The crowd thought the worst, but Ascari was able to break free of his car and swim back to safely.

Dominic

·
Registered
5,306 Posts
Dang! That's more Scuderia's than The Commendatore had. Being 1/43 scale probably cost about 1/43 as much. Nice collection :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
13,205 Posts
Nice collection!

I'd like to see a few close-ups pics of your favorites with a description of the car and the maker.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
STUTZ said:
Nice collection!
I'd like to see a few close-ups pics of your favorites with a description of the car and the maker.
Favorites ? Now that's a tough one. The standard response is that they're all my favorite, only because each on seems to have a story behind them as to how or why I got them. But to narrow it down, today I'll pick these:

A diorama by Brumm of the 67 Daytona race whrer the Ferrari P330s took 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.

A F-104 Starfighter jet in the Ferrari colours that is on display at the Ferrari factory. Also a 1/43 scale figure of the the Commendatore himself.

A bunch of other scale figures of some famous drivers with some BBR models

An Old Cars 1968 Transporter with Bang models of the 250P race cars.

A Microworld Production 1966 Monte Carlo Rally diorama with a snow covered 275 GTB/4

I'll try and get some more closeups when I have a chance. There's a number of other dioramas and a 1/43 scale Team Helicopter that I have to get unpacked and displayed.

Hope you enjoy these.

Dominic :)

·
Premium Member
13,205 Posts
This is one of the few Ferrari's that I have. It's a 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO made by BOX from Italy. I started a thread with the car posted there. I was checking old threads started, and found yours interesting. I thought my meager Ferrari could fit it here.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I love that Pininfarina Mythos, haven't seen one in yellow yet. Do you know who makes these, it's one of the coolest concept cars in my opinion!

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Superbird77 said:
I love that Pininfarina Mythos, haven't seen one in yellow yet. Do you know who makes these, it's one of the coolest concept cars in my opinion!
Hi Superbird77. There's a few manufactures that have made a red Mythos, but the only yellow one that I konw of is by Revell, model # 8502 and was a limited release. Not sure how many, but I have # 2423 so I assume that it's limited to a least 2500, if not more. Hope that helps.

Domenic

1 - 12 of 12 Posts