Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what everyones opinion might be in who might be the 1st Die cast Manufacturer to make a Carroll Shelby Tribute model... I mean ig HW's made a Tibute car for Dan Wheldon , then sure they would make one for Carroll... or maybe M2...:confused:

Who would you like to see make something?

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
I hope M2 does but I bet HW will most likely beat them to it.

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
I would say Shelby Collectible did the most noticeable tribute cars all ready celebrating his 85th birthday. I hope everyone makes some tribute cars. You can never have enough Shelbys.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
I think Shelby Collectibles will be the first to do a tribute to the life of Carroll Shelby. I mean they already own the rights

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
With the known quality issues of the Shelby Collectibles line of cars , lets hope that they are NOT the ones to make a tribute piece.

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
Are you kidding? They've been making Carroll Shelby tribute cars for the past 20-30 years or so. It's big business. ;)

Hot Wheels did a nice tribute in 1995 (17 years ago). It's the oldest Carroll Shelby tribute that I have.

I have the Hot Wheels Carroll Shelby 2 car box set, and it is also nice.

My favorite is the 1:24 scale Franklin Mint Shelby Cobra with Carroll Shelby's autograph on the car, and it has accessories with the car (it was $495, and later the price was $595 in the early 2000's......I bought the regular version for $105).

I took these pictures at the Carroll Shelby gift shop in the Carroll Shelby Museum in Las Vegas a few years ago.

I bought these items at the gift shop.

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
I've never been a diehard Shelby fan, but I do like collecting the Hot Wheels Cobra. I have yet to see a bad looking Cobra with RR's, and this is a very nice one. The bare metal look suits the car very well. :thumbsup:

Wowzers on the price of the autographed cars. :eek:

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Hot Wheels did a nice tribute in 1995 (17 years ago). It's the oldest Carroll Shelby tribute that I have.

I have the Hot Wheels Carroll Shelby 2 car box set, and it is also nice.
Woah!!!!I remember when these came out.That was SEVENTEEN years ago?!?!?!Wow!!!!

Seems like yesterday and a million years ago all at once.

I remember when these came out,if you were a Hotwheels collector,you could pretty much grab one of every LE that was released for the year.

Because there were maybe 7 or 8 a year,if that.Now,has to be way over a thousand different LE's a year.

Looking at some of these pics that you posted,I have to retract my earlier post in this thread that made it sound as tho I didnt care for Cobras.I actually do,and have quite a few in my collection I have picked up over the years.

I guess I would not mind a few more Cobras after all.

This is one of my favorites:

Mike

·
Registered
467 Posts
I realize this is a die cast forum and that's the discussion........... BUT............I think a more fitting tribute to the icon of brute force on wheels would be for Shelby American to do a V-12 engine. A game changer suitable for the name. Just sayin'.

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
I realize this is a die cast forum and that's the discussion........... BUT............I think a more fitting tribute to the icon of brute force on wheels would be for Shelby American to do a V-12 engine. A game changer suitable for the name. Just sayin'.
Shelby all ready spanked V-12 Ferraris with a good ole American V8

1 - 16 of 16 Posts