Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
When is it? I'm going to WorldCon at the end of this month, but I'll be real close to South Bend on the way back when we stop for a weekend in my home town of Plymouth.

Larry

·
Registered
196 Posts
The "warehouse sale" (on the model kit side) is only open to vendors from what I can gather (see "2005 LightningFest Vendor Table Info." thread).

Oh wait, on the 18th and 19th the vendors who bought at the "case only sale" will sell them to the general public.

Why can't the warehouse sale be as it was, open to EVERYBODY? I can understand wanting to expand the event but for cripes sakes leave the sale as it was.

(shakes head) Oh well.
Whiter

·
Registered
578 Posts
I probably won't be going this year (so I can go to WonderFest NEXT year).

Well, in reading Dave's note it isn't really clear WHO is selling the onezies at the Century Center later in the day. I would hope (although this doesn't really make sense to me) that PL is taking stock from the warehouse to the Century Center to sell directly to attendees. To me that seems like a lot of work moving stuff from one location to another, but I guess there've been more and more people lining up over the years that eventually the lineup is going to spill out into Grape Rd! If you think about it, how would buyers be able to get merchandise at the case sale and then immediately run it over to the Century Center for the event? At least I hope (for the sake of those that DO go) this is the way Playing Mantis is planning it.

If Playing Mantis is going to sell the discounted goods to a bunch of retailers who will turn it around and RESELL it to us, making a profit in the process it'll ruin the fun of the whole event. (I'm glad that I, too, was able to get to Mishiwaka a couple of years for the 5AM lineup into the little warehouse on Grape Rd and fill my trunk to overflowing with styrene!)

:dude:

·
Premium Member
5,978 Posts
I'm going - chose LightningFest over the IPMS/Dayton show. LightningFest is kinda like a mini WonderFest, so the choice was easy. Plus you get to meet a lot of BBers in person.

I'm in high model-building gear right now, which is why I haven't been on the computer much here of late. I'll catch up with some of you guys come September!

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
I'm not setting up as a vendor this year. I may drive up for a visit, but have not finalized my plans this year. Have not heard if there are going to be any plastic vendors.

Steve

1 - 7 of 7 Posts